• Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocky

bring your light to the world
    God has blessed you i am sure with wonderful talents

i hope you shine brightly each day and are filled with joy

Comment

anyone with kids shooting 3D? a little bit of extra kenetic engery will flatten out their shots and help a bit with overcoming range conditions and distance variations

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        Did you bother to read the thread?
        How would I have a valid point without reading?
        I assume the point is he can buy these cheap and have fun playing with them.
        My point is you can buy a better engineered, safer product with a warranty with the same speeds.
        Apa archery, obsession, darton, pse all make wicked fast short ata bows

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
          How would I have a valid point without reading?
          I assume the point is he can buy these cheap and have fun playing with them.
          My point is you can buy a better engineered, safer product with a warranty with the same speeds.
          Apa archery, obsession, darton, pse all make wicked fast short ata bows
          Who said your point was valid? Who said these were short ata bows?
          Do APA archery, Darton, Obsession, and PSE make wicked fast “short brace height “ bows for kids?
          Last edited by Rubi513; 02-15-2019, 10:01 PM.

Comment

I think there are several engineers on here that need to pull out their books from school and freshen up on statics, dynamic, mechanics of materials and physics.

The OP isn’t doing anything groundbreaking from an engineering standpoint. He is increasing the area under the draw-force curve thus increasing the stored energy in the bow when it’s drawn. Energy is conserved. The more energy you store in the bow the more that is available to be transferred into the arrow when released. This is 2nd year engineering school stuff.

What I do applaud is the ingenuity of taking something off the shelf and modifying it to get more performance for the little folks. Kids have fixed draw length and a fixed amount of weight they can draw. You want more energy available to arrow you can either pull more weight or pull the same weight farther. If the end point (draw length) is fixed, you have to reduce the brave height.

You can’t buy an off the shelf kids now with a 4” brace height. The OP is just modifying them to give that option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
              I use to tinker with bows long ago, take different parts form different bows, make the cable and make new strings....found one that took a short handle and used longer limbs and made a quite, fast shooting bow....this was 30 years ago...
              I forget what year, but back sometime in the 80's, I put a Frankenbow together. JVA Astro riser, Hoyt limbs and PSE wheels. I don't know the stats on it, but it shot like a dream.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Just finished this whole thread, great job OP. The negativity is pathetic, I actually really enjoy looking and reading about your modifications. Keep it up.

Comment

I dig what you’re cook’n! Pretty cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yep and this bow killed a nice buck and a porcupine this past year.
                      and yes the kids insisted that we eat the porcupine...
                      honestly it taste like squirrel and had about the same meat yield as a cottontail if you wanted to know

Comment

Dang how did I miss this?? Very cool stuff. **** sure better than video games...

Sure was a lot of hating going on previously.. Hopefully some of these guys criticizing you have learned how to at least change a flat tire since their last post..

Comment

yep

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            Dang how did I miss this?? Very cool stuff. **** sure better than video games...

Sure was a lot of hating going on previously.. Hopefully some of these guys criticizing you have learned how to at least change a flat tire since their last post..
                            this made me LOL.

Cool thread OP, can't believe I missed this one till now.

Comment

the next 2 mods

to infinity and beyond... these are the next two bows that are on my list of dream bow to mod out - if I can fins some money in the next few months...

for kids, especially if they are already getting at or over 22" draw i think this Centec NXT could be the absolute best i've seen for youth, the atomic is still great but i like that this goes to longer draw and with just under a pound more mass weight.

the Valor is very expensive retail but i really like the way its built and could mod out so this one is more on the wish i had a wish list that could go that high but if i can scratch up some dollars its one i'll be deal hunting on as there are a few things that once in had i may not like how it mods but at this point i'm pretty sure it would be fine.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I'm more impressed the OP didn't lose his cool soon after. And responded in a professional manner. With that said, I'm still not 100% sure what the heck is going on. But spunds good. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X