Best tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best tv

Need to buy a new tv. Who makes a good one.

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
    China

Comment

Samsung is my choice.

Comment

We need a new one also. Our Samsung in the living room has lasted less than 5 years. The screen has developed purple and white spots all over it. We have also has various other issues the the Samsung appliances we bought when we built this house, so I am out on more Samsung products.

On another note, a big screen TV is pretty cheap now so maybe a 5 year life span is considered okay now.

Comment

Good luck with Viseo and LG.

Comment

I vote no on SAMSUNG, replaced parts after 2 years now at 5 years it’s going dark toward the bottom. Have a Sony that’s over 10 years old and still looks perfect.
            Have SAMSUNG washer and dryer less than 6 years old, three heating elements on the dryer and numerous issues with the washer.
            Last edited by Mertzon Man; 03-28-2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I have both LGs and Vizios and have not had a lick of problem out of them. Some of the 1080 LGs are 5-6 years old. I have a 4K LG and Vizio that are both 1-2yo. My only complaint about LG is they don't have all the good Smart aps available due to some contractual issues with the suppliers. Maybe Amazon is who the main one is? I just had to buy the Firestick to work around that....so no big deal.

Comment

If you are a vet you can purchase through the Exchange. It's tax free and free shipping.

Comment

Sony

Comment

I have a Vizio E-Series Smart TV and a Samsung 8 Series Smart TV. Vizio is about 5-6 years old. Samsung is 2-3 years old.

So far the Samsung has been good. I did have one hiccup with my YouTube connection, but it self fixed.

I have nothing but problems with the Vizio. Won’t stay connected, controls in the apps are lagging and horrible, constantly exits out of the WiFi and wants to re-enter password. If I were to do it again, I would not buy a Vizio Smart TV.
                    Last edited by Greenheadless; 03-28-2020, 10:50 AM.

Comment

How big and what’s your price range?

Comment

I have bought 2 TCLs in the past year. One for dad's office and one for the living room. They have been fantastic. Built in Roku. The 2nd one is the newest with qled and the picture is phenomenal. You get a great picture and features without blowing the budget

Comment

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
                          What is your budget , preferred size ?

Main viewing for living room, bedroom, back patio ?

Prices will vary from $250 to several thousand

Comment

Thanks for all the leads, looking for something around 55” to 60” $1500 to $2000. Main tv in the living room.

Comment

Unless you are wanting the latest and greatest, you can get in that range for less than $750.

The latest and greatest will the a thing of the past in less than a year from now.

Comment

Working...
                              X