New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Project

I like the guessing game but I don’t have a giveaway. What to do with an ugly piece of red cedar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't got a clue what you are making. I milled some cedar awhile back to and really don't have an idea what to do with it either. Maybe start a fire with it?

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
      I haven't got a clue what you are making. I milled some cedar awhile back to and really don't have an idea what to do with it either. Maybe start a fire with it?

Pleaaaaase don't do that. Beautiful pieces. Where you located at?

Comment

Cut it up and glued together

Comment

a sign....i see your carvewright under the table. I use mine all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by tadmaryperry View Post
            a sign....i see your carvewright under the table. I use mine all the time!

I wish but good guess! Bought it used... missing the card reader and I need to work through changing the registration before I spend the $100 on the reader.

Comment

Comment

What’s the blue filler?

Comment

Epoxy with powdered pigment. It is a lot more turquoise in person. My first try at it so I hope it isn't a fail, especially since I posted it already. Sis in law went to Fredricksburg a few weeks ago and loves the Texas shaped lazy susans they have in all the shops. Just not at the $200-400+ price tags. Told her I'd see what I could do. The plywood Texas in the photos is the template. I figure if this one works out I might make a few and start an Etsy shop, they seem to go for around $150 on there.

Comment

That's looking good! I havent tried doing epoxy yet but I want to. Make sure and post when you finish!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                      That's looking good! I havent tried doing epoxy yet but I want to. Make sure and post when you finish!

I will for sure. Really soaked in to a few voids. I’ll add a second batch tomorrow. I over colored it a little pigment goes a long way but it’s not bad

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                        I will for sure. Really soaked in to a few voids. I’ll add a second batch tomorrow. I over colored it a little pigment goes a long way but it’s not bad

Color looks good to me. I bet it turns out great.

Is that store bought cedar or some you had milled? A buddy gave me a couple really nice cedar logs I need to have milled.

Comment

I bought it a Rockler. Overpaid of course, but it was exactly what I had in mind and I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                            I bought it a Rockler. Overpaid of course, but it was exactly what I had in mind and I was there.

I do the same thing.

Comment

I've been wanting to try the epoxy on some projects.

Comment

Working...
                              X