No announcement yet.

Tennessee Turkey Trip 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nashville is the bad spot due to the major airport there.
    We'll be in the sticks with banjos and guns on hips!

Comment

Looks like Memphis is hard hit as well.

Comment

I watched a video earlier, Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg was shut down. Everything.
        Looked like a ghost town.

Good luck. Love that part of the country, but hated the drive getting there.

Comment

And, for the record, I will go back to spend more money.

Specially for this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8383.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	24612912Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2288.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	24612911

Comment

In 2008, my brother and I hiked the Great Smoky Mountain section of the Appalachian Trail. Put in 77 miles in 5 days. Craziest trip ever!

Comment

Good deal. Glad to hear that yall are playing it safe. Have a safe trip and hope you find lots of gobbling birds

Comment

35 yards
                Winchester XR 3-1/2" #5
                Winchester XR 0.683 choke
                Mossberg 835
                After 5 shots I called it quits
                Attached Files

Comment

On that last shot did you do a click or 2 to the left on the red dot to move your point of impact a little more to the left? Did you try a shot at 15 yds to see what it looked like? Going to be a small margin for error on a pattern that tight. Aren't most of your shots inside 30 yds since you are hunting in the woods?

Comment

Sighting in my 12 g with 3" mags was painful!

Comment

Yes, I compensated for the off pattern. I just couldn't bring myself to shoot a verification shot.
                      I'll do 20 yard shot on Thursday.

Comment

Good deal. Yea a 6th shot would send me to the hospital. Try dove loads for initial poi adjustment and then do a close and far range shot with regular loads to verify. Have u had any reports from the woods back home?

Comment

Dad says they are fired up. 6 Tom's above his house strutting each day but weather next week is 50% chance of rain each day. Hopefully all the normal hunters stay home. We are doing this and by golly have fun doing it!

Comment

Lead sled is the way to go when sighting in a turkey gun. I'm running the old federal heavyweight 7's out of my 12 gauge and love the patterns I'm getting at 40. The higher pellet counts allow you to open it up a bit and still have plenty of shots on target.
                            Last edited by TwoHighways; 03-31-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Awesome! Yea that rain will probably keep a lot of people away. Lookin forward to hearing how it goes. Interested in maybe making the trip next year

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                                Lead sled is the way to go when sighting in a turkey gun. I'm running the old federal heavyweight 7's out of my 12 gauge and love the patterns I'm getting at 40. The higher pellet counts allow you to open it up a bit and still have plenty of shots on target.
                                Good thinking. Is that the 1 5/8 oz load? What choke are you shooting? You headed back to Sacramento's in May?

Comment

Working...
                                X