1600 acre unit 16 Kansas archery lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1600 acre unit 16 Kansas archery lease

I’m currently negotiating on this lease. If there’s a couple of you standup guys that are seriously interested in joining me on this lease then PM me here. It won’t be first come first served, but all will be considered.

Thanks,
    Jeff

I have 1600 continous acres available in Unit 16. Property has not been hunted in the last 10 years. It consists of rolling gypsum hills, with deep wood filled draws. Property has plenty of water on it. Also has a little bit of agriculture on it, providing a food source for the deer. It is located near Sun City Kansas. Area is known not neccessarily for numbers but it has the potential of producing a world class whitetail. We are looking for 4 archery hunters @ 3000 per hunter. This will be a set up and ready to hunt property when you arrive.

Has it legit not been hunted in 10 years?

I never know what to think when reading that, except that it sounds amazing and thus, someone is trying to trick me.

Comment

I hunted this exact area, our place was a little bigger and had some giants killed back to back 200” deer. You should fill this quickly. I will say the numbers are very thin, it’s not like the farm country but the deer get age on them.

Comment

I’ve hunted nearby a few years ago. We also took 200” deer. I’ve neglected Kansas for a few years & I’m thinking I’d like to revisit.
        I can only go by what they’re telling me but if you’re as familiar with these areas as I am it isn’t really that hard to believe that it hasn’t been hunted in awhile. It happens out there.

Comment

Just a FYI, the draw application for Kansas starts 4/1.....

Comment

Sounds like a really good opportunity. Careful though, draw numbers are at all time high for Kansas. My biggest worry would be leasing then not drawing a tag.

Comment

how hard is it to draw?

Comment

How many total hunters? Four?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                  how hard is it to draw?

50/50 for me the last 2 years!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yes, 4 hunters.

When I last hunted Kansas a few years ago the draw odds were pretty much 100%, since the unit 15 & 16 tags were combined. I honestly don’t know the current situation but I’m going to be looking into it.

Comment

So how would it work commit and put in for drawing if not drawn get money back?

Comment

Any lodging or rv connections?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                          Any lodging or rv connections?
                          Nothing available on the property, but hotel lodging a few minutes away.

Comment

Bump for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm interested. Can you PM me the details that you know and an aerial map? How would you handle splitting up the 1600 acres? Or would it be a first come, first serve?

Comment

Working...
                              X