South Texas Hunters Thread 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope everyone had a solid year last year and good luck on this upcoming season.

I’ve got a specific buck I’ll be chasing this year and hope to see him early and often. My buck from this year did show hardly at all the no trail cam pics until. Late in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck to all STX hunters this coming season. I’m moving to a different part of the lease. I’ll need to have a sendero made and a new blind bought and put up. I got my brother on the lease with me this year so I gave him my blind and well maintained senderos just to try and help him out.

Comment

Got some good up and comers scouted for next season.

Good luck to everyone connecting on their target buck.

Right now, WE NEED RAIN!!

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
        Got some good up and comers scouted for next season.

Good luck to everyone connecting on their target buck.

Right now, WE NEED RAIN!!

Haven’t been back since around New Years so I have no idea how our place is looking.

Comment

Last edited by Black Ice; 03-01-2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Had a solid trip to Dimmit county last year. Looking forward to 2020 and watching for everyone’s successes and failures. (Keep those to a minimum)

Last edited by Fishndude; 03-01-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              Haven’t been back since around New Years so I have no idea how our place is looking.

Really, really dry. I'll save you a trip.

Seems like the rain has missed us north and east for the past few months.

Comment

Heading down this weekend to try and do some chores for this season before it's terribly hot.

Hope to KAP while there.

Comment

We were able to burn a lot of stuff in February and really need a couple inches of rain. Should have a great shed hunting season over the next few weeks. Will post what we find.

Had a good rollover on bucks. Will likely take more mature deer this season based on growth and rain etc. Overall 2019 was a great season for deer and ducks down in Tilden. Looking forward to trail cam season already if we can get some rain.

Comment

Got my fingers crossed for a good 20-21 season. Have a good amount of bucks that will be in that 7 yr age bracket. Right now deer have backed off the protein & cottonseed due to things greening up. The brush is starting to bloom and the turkeys are on the move. Hopefully will get some rain this week & no more freezes.

Comment

Looks to be a good chance of rain tomorrow in South Texas...I hope sits on top of Encinal area.

Comment

Got a little rain last night, today. Hopefully more to come.

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                          Looks to be a good chance of rain tomorrow in South Texas...I hope sits on top of Encinal area.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            Heading down this weekend to try and do some chores for this season before it's terribly hot.

Hope to KAP while there.

Went and did a few chores before being lazy

It’s so dry we have pigs waiting around mid day for feeders to go off.

Shot smallish boar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Almost 3”s in Dimmit co. near Dilley. Anyone else get some much needed rain?

Comment

Working...
                              X