DFW area coin expert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFW area coin expert

I lost both my parents 12 days apart back in January. I knew my pop was a coin collector but I had no idea how many he had until I started going thru the house. I'm talking every thing from hundreds of pennies to as many or more old and new silver dollars. I know nothing about values and would like to talk to an honest knowledgeable person. Any you DFW area TBHers know one?

U.S. coin values listed by type. Images identify each coin and minimum values for each type. Use as a mobile guide to find what the common dates within each series are worth. A step by step method is used to recognize important dates, mintmarks, designs, and condition.

Good website to look up coin values and give you a general idea what they are worth. I don't know anyone right off the bat that I could recommend to help you determine what they are worth. You might look on Ebay as well to get an idea.

Comment

thanks, it will take me weeks to go thru them all

Comment

Since you hunt Archer county this wouldn't be that far to drive. By all accounts I hear he is very good to deal with. https://www.gwcoins.com/

Comment

Sorry to hear about your folks. I can't help with the coins but I hope you find some honest help!

Comment

Get a book on coin values . A lot of silver dollars are worth 35 to 45
            but if you have any Carson city mints they can be worth 200 or more

Comment

thanks y'all

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                https://www.coinstudy.com/us-coin-values.html

Good website to look up coin values and give you a general idea what they are worth. I don't know anyone right off the bat that I could recommend to help you determine what they are worth. You might look on Ebay as well to get an idea.
                Posted that link to my favorites, I have a large amount of my dads old coins, and a few confederate bills. Thanks !

Comment

I don't know of an expert. I took a few pics of my dads collection to Fort Worth Coin Company about a year ago. Dad has a BUNCH of old pennies, wheats and other. The guy said he would bag them up and sell in bulk. Dad has a lot of other stuff as well, Mercury Dime, etc. I just don't feel comfortable getting an appraisal on something that I know nothing about. I'd hate to get an appraisal of a coin for example- $10.00, only to find out it's worth $100.00.

Comment

yep Razorback that's my thoughts. I may become a coin collector but would rather continue with my gun collecting

Comment

Billy,

I am very sorry to hear about your folks

You have my number and can meet most any evening to help you get started on going though them. We can get the face value and slickers out of the way and then I can give you some contacts to help further if you would like

Comment

Also look up the app CoinBook Pro is a great reference guide and you can order a copy of the current grey sheet to get an idea of market prices

Comment

Billy, I'm sorry to hear about your folks. That's a hard one.

I think Spence has some great advice too.

Comment

Sorry about your folks, Billy!

Comment

I would strongly recommend Perow. He spent a crazy bunch of tine going through jewelry items for me. I'm talking about thousands upon thousands. He's one of the good guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X