No announcement yet.

Am I wrong about this situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got them out at 18 and i wasn't that bad. maybe because i was still young.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
      Scrambling to make arrangements.

I don't have an issue with her getting the procedure done...at all.

But 2 days notice for something that is elective with roughly a 1 week recover throws a huge kink in all things. Theres lots going on with the business right now. CFO on vacation, new executive assistant started today, trying to get 2020 budgets published, trying to 2019 closed, have a few locations missing key leadership, etc.

Timing is poor.

Why not say, hey I'm getting this done, you know I'll need extra support let's look at schedules and see what week in the next month or 2 works best.

But everyone on here has given me a reality check....recurring theme is get over it make it happen and keep quiet. That's why I posted on here to get some perspective from other husbands. They gave it and I'll listen.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      I can very much relate to your situation. Unfortunately somethings in the business world can’t wait and have to be addressed/handled regardless of what’s going on. I have 3 kids and a 4th (and final) on the way. If something like this came up in mine and my wife’s current life it would be discussed and planned out weeks in advance (obviously barring a medical emergency). I don’t think asking your wife to take a beat and think about things to try and find a better time for all involved is asking too much. We both do all we can to make sure when we do something it’s works for both of us. The only time this may not happen is when work calls, that I can’t do much about.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        This..

And do not listen to most of these guys. Anyone who simply take what a doctor says and runs with it is a fool. Or they are in a slim minority that has a very good doctor they trust.

IMO way too many doctors rush people in and out to make more money.

Anyone who thinks you're a fool for asking questions instead of just rolling with any procedure without asking questions is pretty dumb.
        These are tonsils, not open heart surgery. She continually gets strep and has snoring issues. This is as basic as it gets.

And to the OP, its brutal getting your tonsils out as an adult. Nothing a few days of ice cream won't fix though.

Comment

I understand that you have a point about the timing BUT putting your wife business out on the internet and asking strangers to side against her, come on.

Comment

My wife had an ENT appt today Monday 1/20/2020. She texts me saying she has having her tonsils removed on Thursday 1/23/2020. I'm like...WHOA do you have cancer or something? She said no but the doc is available then and said lets get them out. These are the same tonsils she has had for 32 years. She has had frequent strep, snoring issues, etc. but nothing crazy or life threatening. I want to be supportive of her and I don't care if she has them removed or not but 2 days notice is a bit much. I'm supposed to traveling for work an not even returning home from work until Wed night. We have a 5 months old baby and 8 year old daughter. I've read horror stories about adults getting their tonsils removed as well.

Am I over reacting here? Should I just be ok with this and say ok...I'll be home Wed night, I'll drop you off Thursday and wait until your done and figure out everything with the kiddos and work until you are recovered???
            I would do anything it takes to assure my wife’s health.

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
              I understand that you have a point about the timing BUT putting your wife business out on the internet and asking strangers to side against her, come on.
              Not asking for folks to side with me. Asking for a reality check if I'm way off base. Most everyone on here said I am. That means the way I'm approaching this situation is incorrect and i need to adjust. I'm appreciative of everyones feedback. It's a good group of folks here and I respect alot of them and will use the advice I was given.

Comment

Not asking for folks to side with me. Asking for a reality check if I'm way off base. Most everyone on here said I am. That means the way I'm approaching this situation is incorrect and i need to adjust. I'm appreciative of everyones feedback. It's a good group of folks here and I respect alot of them and will use the advice I was given.

solid post sir. Hope every thing heals up and she’s back in bidness soon

Comment

It's hard to give an opinion on someone else's situation. We own a business so I know sometimes things have to be done no matter what is happening in your personal life. Luckily we have family close by that are in a situation to be able to help with kids, household stuff, etc. If I was in this situation I think my wife would've said she couldn't do the surgery that quick and I would tell her to have it done. Like I said though, a lot of variables in everyone's world.

Not sure how it affects adults but my daughter had her tonsils removed when she was seven. The recovery was rough to put it mildly.

Comment

You're right. It's a great group here. However, based off of some of the responses, I don't think some that are responding are fully understanding your situation/ the question that you're asking.

It seems most are responding regarding the health of your wife and your support/lack of support of her choice to have the procedure done.
                    Your support is not in question. You support her having the procedure fully.

What is in question is the time frame/sense of urgency that your wife has made this choice without asking if you could carry a little more of the load and help a bit more while she's down. This could be a huge inconvenience for you, that she's dropped in your lap, without asking if your schedule could handle it in two days.

I don't think you're out of line at all if what I mentioned above is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                      I had ALL of my wisdom teeth CUT out of my jaw at age 40 and it was horrible and I didn’t eat solid food for days. However it didn’t stop me from taking care of my kids or doing what had to be done.
                      ****Wait*****
                      NurseJenn, you're over 40? Just trying to keep it light folks.

Comment

Doctors make money by “doing stuff.” Just sayin. And the recovery ain’t no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
                          You're right. It's a great group here. However, based off of some of the responses, I don't think some that are responding are fully understanding your situation/ the question that you're asking.

It seems most are responding regarding the health of your wife and your support/lack of support of her choice to have the procedure done.
                          Your support is not in question. You support her having the procedure fully.

What is in question is the time frame/sense of urgency that your wife has made this choice without asking if you could carry a little more of the load and help a bit more while she's down. This could be a huge inconvenience for you, that she's dropped in your lap, without asking if your schedule could handle it in two days.

I don't think you're out of line at all if what I mentioned above is the case.
                          Exactly. But reading comprehension isn't a strong suit around here

Comment

Guess I got lucky. I had mine out at 34. Wasn’t that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              Exactly. But reading comprehension isn't a strong suit around here
                              Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                                If it were my wife I would expect that she had already made arrangements for someone to keep the kiddo.
                                She did, she called on her husband to do it

Comment

Working...
                                X