No announcement yet.

Menard/Mason/Brady 2019-2020 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot a big Axis just west of menard. See thread. Deer were VERY active this weekend. Seen a ton of bucks and few shooters. Didnt really bow hunt we just sat in blinds to see what was happening. Deer are hitting feeders really good and not nearly as many acorns as I thought there would be.

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
      Nice shot Donnie! Congrats!
      Thanks Drew. How is your season going so far?

Comment

Between Mason and Brady. Mature bucks have completely disappeared from coming to corn. Not even showing up at night. Thought the cold front would get them moving but with the full moon they are probably out browsing at night. Couple weeks I’m thinking they will be moving good at daylight again. First year to have this place so got a lot to learn on this area. Got some good potential though.

Comment

Hope they start moving in the next couple weeks or so for rifle opener.

Comment

As i mentioned in my previous post, we hunt between Mason and Brady and this is our first year. When does the rut typically take place in this area. I know it can vary from county to county but just thought i would get as much info as possible. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Apodz View Post
              As i mentioned in my previous post, we hunt between Mason and Brady and this is our first year. When does the rut typically take place in this area. I know it can vary from county to county but just thought i would get as much info as possible. TIA

Being there the week of Thanksgiving doesn’t hurt. We usually watch done chasing that week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Apodz View Post
                Last year in Brady, Peak rut seemed to be the week before thanksgiving.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. At least gives me a better idea of when to spend a little more time out there.

Comment

I was in Menard on Sunday and saw more Axis than I have ever seen driving around, 21 total including a decent buck on 190. I had my first ever Axis buck on Camera, actually 2! I have seen them as close as 75 yards from my property, but first time on camera.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I had .3" inch of rain in Menard yesterday...may settle the dust for a day.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

that decimal needs to move to the right one place. 3" would be sweet out there right about now.
                        Anything with this last push of storms?
                        crazy dry out there and this last weekend I saw a TON of acorns on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by ontarget View Post
                          I was in Menard on Sunday and saw more Axis than I have ever seen driving around, 21 total including a decent buck on 190. I had my first ever Axis buck on Camera, actually 2! I have seen them as close as 75 yards from my property, but first time on camera.
                          Sure wish they would move on to our place right out of menard, not having pigs plus axis coming over would be awesome!

Comment

Any rain with the front that came down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DK1555 View Post
                              Any rain with the front that came down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              According to the online LCRA gauges we had around 0.70”. That’s our biggest rain since June!

Comment

pray for more rain

Comment

Working...
                                X