DFW Area - housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFW Area - housing

My son has a potential job opportunity in the Duncanville area after May graduation from Texas A&M . We have no clue on good areas to look for apartment or small house rentals , and a good location to live . Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!

Thank you !

Head south. Midlothian/Waxahachie area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mrddye View Post
      Head south. Midlothian/Waxahachie area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This - Duncanville is/can be very rough. Midlothian isn’t that far away and most that live there act like Dallas is a days drive away.

Comment

Duncanville.....oh my......Definitely not Desoto, Lancaster or Balch Springs. Alot depends on what he likes. For single social life uptown North of downtown Dallas.

Comment

Red Oak, Ovilla, Waxahachie, Midlothian

Comment

Mansfield also.. roughly a 30-45 minute drive.

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
              X2

anything outside of dallas county

Comment

Lots of factors to consider. Budget? Off hours interests? City Life or country life? Apartment ok or house with yard? But mostly, budget?

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                  Lots of factors to consider. Budget? Off hours interests? City Life or country life? Apartment ok or house with yard? But mostly, budget?

.....and God Bless America.
                  This. A young single guy may be bored to death in some of the places mentioned. Give an idea of type of activities he enjoys and that will help with recommendations for area, night life, other singles, etc.....

Comment

He’s not a huge party person but he does enjoy friends and doing normal young adult stuff . He is currently living in College Station . Kinda laid back for a 22 year old . Attends church regularly , loves , outdoors , fishing & shooting his bow !! We live in Crosby on the out skirts of Houston area where he grew up. Not the boondocks ,but not downtown city either .

Budget will be a factor , as it’s the first post college job ,entry level position. And he’ll be living alone unless he finds roommates .

Comment

I live in Duncanville, its not all bad,houses are way better than apt, Grand Praiis close they are buildinglots of apt

Comment

Probably not anywhere right around Duncanville that he’s going to like.

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
                          X3

Comment

Working...
                          X