No announcement yet.

Marijuana - Is it still taboo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't care if people smoke or not. My wife is against it, but thats because a couple of her uncles had issues due to drugs that started with marijuana.

Comment

I don't have a positive thing to say about anyone I personally know that uses it. Kicked more than a few drunks and druggies out of my life without hesitation and don't feel like I'm missing anything. If you ain't bringing positive things to my life and making me a better person by being around you I won't have you in my life. Simple as that.

Kings run with kings. I don't hang with people that do dumb ****.

Comment

The only reason I don't smoke weed is because im subjected to random drug screening at work. Maybe one of these days...

Comment

I don't think it should be made legal.

Comment

About 30 yrs ago I had about 650 employees and the workmans comp rates were huge
            we started a pre employment and random drug testing, by the second year our incidents were down over 60%. To me it is not acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
              I know of 2 lawyers, 3 business owners, 2 judges who all toke in my city......its not a big deal, some of you need to smoke also to relax your ridiculous ideas lol
              CANT BE TRUE!!! ALL SMOKERS ARE LOSER POTHEAD DRUGGIES. (please note use of heavy sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by BeerMe View Post
                To each their own, not my business and I don’t pass judgement. The government should have the same point of view.
                What about heroin? You should feel the same way, I guess, since it would also not be your business?

Comment

I'll give this thread a few days, then I plan to count the responses, and post up the results.

Also, I wish I would have included into the question, "what generation were you born?", because I think it would have added value to the poll question.

Comment

To answer the question though, no it's not taboo anymore. Especially for the younger generation of people today. But.......look at the way they view everything else. They're ok with a lot of things they shouldn't be ok with and they'll change this country for your kids someday. There's a lot of stupid people out there.

Comment

As long as it doesn’t interfere with taking care of your family I don’t care what people do. I look at it like drinking, be responsible and do your thing. Don’t smoke/drink and drive

For Lenny’s tally I’m 34

Comment

It would be hard to argue that it has NOT become more socially acceptable. Does it make me think of someone differently? I would have to honestly say "yes". It bothers me when I see teenagers, young adults using but especially so when I see adults with kids. I have seen it destroy lives. But the same can be said of alcohol. I am more tolerant than I used to be and am absolutely on board for medical use. I guess I was lucky. Tried a few times in college but when I graduated and started work in the defense industry, it wasn't even an option. And by the time I moved into a less restrictive industry, I was past that phase. I just had no interest. I have told my wife she will know when I am on the precipice of retirement when I no longer cut my hair, smoke a joint or two (I would have to learn how to even do that) and buy a Vespa to cruise around the backroads around the lake in Hawaiian shirts, flip flops and Bermuda shorts.

Comment

FWIW, we beat this horse not long ago for quite some time.

Comment

Also to answer your question, I don't care if someone smokes pot, but I would question their judgment since getting caught violating the law could have a significant impact on their employment, family, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LennyWayne View Post
                              I'll give this thread a few days, then I plan to count the responses, and post up the results.

Also, I wish I would have included into the question, "what generation were you born?", because I think it would have added value to the poll question.
                              I made the point of there being a heavy generational divide on the last MJ thread. That’s will end up being the result.

For your tally, put me in The Who cares as long as you aren’t endangering people camp.

35yo.
                              Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-27-2020, 12:36 PM.

Comment

The weed of today is not like the week of the 80's when most of us grew up. Don't think it should be made criminal though. I watch Live PD and they seem to be just doing anything they can to find weed to keep their arrests up.

Comment

Working...
                                X