Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBADD Basin Burnout BBQ Cookoff - TBH Represents!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBADD Basin Burnout BBQ Cookoff - TBH Represents!

I flew to Midland last week to help my buddy, Ethan (Baud’up), and his MS Directional/EOG cook team burn some meat for the Permian Basis Association of Directional Drillers Basin Burnout.

We were set up next to Roye’s (TrykonRoye) company cooking team (Altitude), although Roye opted to stay home with his wife to celebrate their anniversary instead of hanging out with us!

Set up across from us was Tenaris, and I was pleasantly surprised when an OG TBH’er, DrenalinJunkie, walked over and shook my hand! Forest was directing the pit at the Tenaris tent.

I crossed paths with Jsapp on Friday morning, waving at him out the window of my United Airlines flight from Victoria, as he returned home to Edna for his son’s graduation. He caught an early flight back to Midland on Saturday so he could lead the Dyna-Flow cook team at the Cookoff! I’ve cooked on Justin’s team in the past, and I knew he’d be a formidable opponent!

Our MS/EOG team was disappointed that we didn’t place in any category (I thought our brisket and ribs were legit contenders!).

However, I’m sharing a bit of consolation prize knowing that TBH was well represented on the podium, with JSapp’s team taking top honors in brisket, with Forrest’s team finishing with a solid second place brisket, along with a third and a fifth, I believe, in other categories!

Congratulations Justin and Forrest! It was great hanging out with you both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Bunch of great people in those pics. When Forrest was passing through Lafayette on business, we ate groceries together several times. It’s been close to 10 years since I last saw that OG

Comment

Great seeing you Michael and catching up!

I had no idea who beat me in Brisket (even when I was standing right next to him) but, that’s what time away does to you.

Blake……… I need me some meat pies!

Comment

Looks like a hell of a time to burn some meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Looks like a hell of a time to burn some meat.
          It was a good time for sure. Could have been a bit windier though....................

Comment

DANG!! Forrest sure is good to see you post!! Been a day or two!! Don't be such a stranger!! You make a trip back to the big city, lets do lunch old friend!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              DANG!! Forrest sure is good to see you post!! Been a day or two!! Don't be such a stranger!! You make a trip back to the big city, lets do lunch old friend!
              Yes sir!

Comment

Had some serious FOMO on this event. But Had to celebrate 12 years of Blissful marriage.
                Its kitchen pass earning season boys.

Until next time!

Comment

Working...
                X