Kayak Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kayak Storage

Anyone has ideas for how to store my kayaks outside?

When I had just one it was hanging in the garage, but with two, there's no room in the garage and I want them in the same place, so I moved them outside hanging between the house and the shed which is mostly shady, but they get about 3 - 3.5 hours of sun per day and I'm running out of ideas how to protect them from the sun...

The space is North/South so it's protected from the sun early morning and in the evenings, but from about 10:30 until 1:30 they have sun on them...

It has to be a light enough cover that I can move every time I want to take them down to load into the truck...

1. Thought about building a PVC Frame and using Tarp or even fence pickets to fill the gaps, but the cost was high...

2. the next idea was placing a light fence over the house roof and the shed roof to give a "Roof" over where the kayaks are, but I'm afraid it'll get blown away by the wind, I can't nail it to the house and shed roofs...

3. I'm contemplating just hanging a tarp over them now, but not convinced it's the best solution....

any ideas?

I can take pictures, but can't post them on here...
    Last edited by ATI; 05-18-2022, 12:00 PM.

Mine is sitting on cinder blocks under the eave of the house with a tarp on it. Not the best I'm sure. Eventually going to build a simple wooden rack with some tin over it but yeah, material costs are ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
    X