Split finger or 3 under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split finger or 3 under

Scanning on YouTube it looks like a whole lot of archers shoot 3 under.

What is the most popular style on the TBH

I shoot 3 under

Comment

It’s really mixed around here with a slight lead probably going to 3 under. I tried split for a while but 3 under just works better for me partly because it allows me to use cock feather to nose as an anchor point. I draw with three but drop my ring finger off the string at anchor.

Comment

I shoot 3 under after about a year of trying both ways but I would think split finger is most popular.
        Last edited by ShaBow; 11-13-2021, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Split before a Rod Jenkins weekend shooting class, three under after the class because that’s how he shoots. Three under puts the arrow closer to my rear sight right eye, and this has tightened my groups up.

Comment

Split for me. I’m self taught and that’s just how I taught myself.

Comment

Originally posted by RUNNING BEAR View Post
              Split for me. I’m self taught and that’s just how I taught myself.
              Me too.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a splitter. Now that I have 3 bows tillered that way, I suppose I stick with it.

Comment

Been shooting split for 60 years. Tried 3 under but just couldn't make it work for me.

Comment

Split but prefer release

Comment

Split for me. That’s the way l learned a long time ago, and that’s what works for me. I e tried 3-under a couple different times over the years and it just wouldn’t work for me.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I can shoot either way but shooting split finger I shoot more consistently and get a better release than I do 3 under.

Comment

Split for me!

Comment

I’ve been practicing something I call “ don’t think just shoot”.

If I don’t think about the shot, just pull back, look and let it fly, it usually goes where I want it to, or very close. If I think about my grip, my anchor point, the bird flying above me or anything else, it will miss the mark.

I would think 3 under would be more of an aiming style will cause me to think about it so much I might as well attach a sight pin

Comment

Both, but primarily 3 under.

Like other, I shot split for many years, and had a hard time getting in the groove with 3 under.

I finally forced myself to learn 3 under. Once I did, it became just as natural to me as split finger, and I can now do both equally well. I only use split for when shooting long/longer distances.

Due to how I loose/release/drop the string, I do not have to tune the bow any different from one to the other. Comes in handy sometimes.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X