Any Interest in an 1-3/4 Ramcat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Interest in an 1-3/4 Ramcat?

I've been bugging Brett the owner/inventor of the Ramcat about and 1-3/4 3 Blade Ramcat. Or possibly a 2" 2 blade. With the design of the blades it should tune out and fly. (I made a 2" Simmons fly at 258fps) Of course there will be alot of tweaking along the way. It would be tested up to 350fps and he would not release it unless it flies right I can guarantee you that. I spoke to him several times about a 4 blade but the configuration of the blades and the ferrule just won't allow it. I just thought one of these two cut widths, or both, would make great Whitetail heads. And off a large cut for those folks that don't really wanna mess with mechs. And there would have to be some tweaking to get the grains to where the market is also. I did manage to get his gears grinding in his head the last I spoke with him. But before I keep bugging him I wanted some feed back from my Bowhunting Brethren and Sisters. And please, if you don't want anything to do with a big cut fixed, keep the negative comments nice...

i didnt know there was anything except a rage for broadheads?!

i have never tried a ramcat.... i may have too.... i have no comment on the size since i havent tried em before, but 1.75-2" should do some serious damage to a whitetail

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      i didnt know there was anything except a rage for broadheads?!

i have never tried a ramcat.... i may have too.... i have no comment on the size since i havent tried em before, but 1.75-2" should do some serious damage to a whitetail
      Hint; Take the 100 grain Ramcats and buy 125 grain 1-1/2 replacement blades. Put em on the 100 grain ferrule. It weighs 108 grains and has a 1-1/2 cut.

Comment

id be down to try some. im not a fan of mechs anyways and know alot of people who are loyal followers of ramcats. sounds like a promising idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          Hint; Take the 100 grain Ramcats and buy 125 grain 1-1/2 replacement blades. Put em on the 100 grain ferrule. It weighs 108 grains and has a 1-1/2 cut.
          what kind of fps are you seeing out of that? and how does it stablilize? sounds like it should be a rocket....

Comment

what kind of fps are you seeing out of that? and how does it stablilize? sounds like it should be a rocket....
            You can shoot that sucker as fast as you want to. Brett speed tests everything at 350 plus. The 100 is already 1-3/8 cut. I ran those 1-3/8's up to 322 without any issue. Ive seen others shoot em in the 340 range with the same results.

Comment

sweet. someday when i drag the ole drenalin out of the closet again ill have to try em.

do they need much tuning? one reason i shot the rage is i never did have to do much tuning, if any, to get them to fly perfect

Comment

sweet. someday when i drag the ole drenalin out of the closet again ill have to try em.

do they need much tuning? one reason i shot the rage is i never did have to do much tuning, if any, to get them to fly perfect
                Omg!!!!!!!!

Comment

haha. the thought has crossed my mind to hunt my muley with a bow this year.... i may, MAY do it and give these a try

and answer the question rage hater

Comment

H$$L yes! I got a D350 and would gladly help test if needed!!! These would be some serious killers!!!

Comment

I would be down with that! I would love to shoot a big cut Fixed BH

Comment

Think there would be any clearance issues with the shelf?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                          I've been thinking of doing this very thing. I'm afraid that I may have a tight squeeze for clearance on the shelf. They may need to be indexed just so but it's worth a try.

Dang it! I still need to work on a shoot through screen for my blind and now you have me headed in a BH tweaking direction.

BTW-the only way for me to shoot an 1&3/4 three would be with a longer arrow so the BH stays beyond the shelf. I like the idea of a big three blade but would have no interst in the two blade.

Keep us posted.
                          Last edited by Slick8; 08-20-2013, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            Think there would be any clearance issues with the shelf?
                            I'm curious with that as well. ^^^^

Comment

Id be in on a 1 3/4 3 blade. That sounds awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X