Alone Season 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    I’d like to see them in the Big Thicket with no thermocell.
    They would be in the hospital on day 3 with Anaphylactic shock from hummingbird sized mosquito swarms and half their gear would be in a Hardin or Polk County Pawn shop by day 3.

Edit: and chiggers, there's that too.

Comment

I'm ready! Been binge watching past seasons the last few weeks to get primed up for this season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Long time coming. But it’s finally here

Comment

dang it i dont get the History Channel anymore.

Comment

To make it fun, let’s predict the winner after this first episode, and before the next one. Winner gets bragging rights until they air season 10 in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
              Since 87 days is the longest any one has had to stay out there it's safe to say they are dropping you off when they know bad weather is coming. So shelter has to be one of the first things along with fire and a water supply.

Roland stayed out for 100 days to win the million dollar challenge. Season 7 I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
                Roland stayed out for 100 days to win the million dollar challenge. Season 7 I believe

You are correct.

Comment

Lately it’s been, he who is proficient with a trad bow wins! Looking forward to this season. Best show on television.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
                    Lately it’s been, he who is proficient with a trad bow wins! Looking forward to this season. Best show on television.

I believe it was Jacques that killed a squirrel and a grouse within minutes of each other. There were a few good shooters and clearly they can handle the trad bow.

After episode one I want to say Juan is my favorite, but I didn’t see him hunt. Like you said, it comes down to who can handle the trad.
                    Just for fun, will predict after episode 1 that Jacques wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                      They would be in the hospital on day 3 with Anaphylactic shock from hummingbird sized mosquito swarms and half their gear would be in a Hardin or Polk County Pawn shop by day 3.

Edit: and chiggers, there's that too.
                      Holy crap…..I spit soda all over my phone when I read this.

Comment

Really enjoyed the premier last night, looks like it'll be a good season. Karie Lee Knoke is listed as 57 years old. Either she's fibbing a bit or it's been a hard 57 years.

Comment

I only saw 5 contestants.... have to pick after next show.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                            I only saw 5 contestants.... have to pick after next show.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That’s all any of us saw. Fair enough though. We need to see them all first.

Comment

Quite the kink that they can only use a net or fly fishing to catch fish. Really limits their fishing with no gill nets or set lines.

Comment

So glad this show is back. I always love the ingenuity some players come up with and the processing of mental hardships they face. I agree with the earlier statement about only being able to use a dip net or fly rod. That’ll change the fishing game for sure. They’ll need to find a fat source to make it very long. I hope they aren’t in polar bear country. After hearing Matt Dyer recount polar bears hunting their camp and attacking him in the Torngat mountains, I would not be a fan of them anywhere near a primitive shelter.

As far as contestants, Karie Lee looks rode hard and put up wet, but she seems to have some skills and can make it a while. I like Benji as well. Igor is an idiot. Hiked 4 days with no nutrition just to decide to set camp where he was dropped in at. That calorie expense is going to cost him. Jessie is a weird one. She almost seems like Karie Lee’s younger sister. Jacques I could see having some emotional breakdown. Juan Pablo would be my pick out of the first group we saw. I’m not a fan of them being able to pack on weight though. I think once selected, they should be weighed and they have to be within 5% of that weight when dropped off.

I read the profiles online too. I’m looking forward to Teimojin Tan, a physician from Quebec.

Comment

Working...
                                X