Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-15-2022, 05:28 PM   #501
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX03RUBI View Post
A whipple is definitely calling my name. I told myself Iím leaving this one alone though. I was already looking at tires this morning, but talked myself out of it. Itís getting window tint next week and a bed cap. After that Iím not doing anything to it I hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2022, 05:39 PM   #502
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County
Default Anyone order an F250 lately?

Quote:
A whipple is definitely calling my name. I told myself Iím leaving this one alone though. I was already looking at tires this morning, but talked myself out of it. Itís getting window tint next week and a bed cap. After that Iím not doing anything to it I hope

I keep saying Iím not doing anything to mine but they just look like a paw paw truck stock.

37ís and lift here we come

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2022, 08:44 PM   #503
slayr
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
I keep saying Iím not doing anything to mine but they just look like a paw paw truck stock.

37ís and lift here we come

How big of a lift are you going with?
slayr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2022, 08:47 PM   #504
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayr View Post
How big of a lift are you going with?

Iím thinking Carli 4.5 but not really looking forward to spending another 7k with no rims.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:15 PM   #505
TX03RUBI
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hall County

Quote:
Iím thinking Carli 4.5 but not really looking forward to spending another 7k with no rims.

I thought long and hard about ordering a Lariat 250 non tremor and going Carli 2.5Ē Pin Top kit or 250 Tremor. Finally decided Tremor hoping I could leave well enough alone lol Still may swap out the Duratracs for Ridge Grapplers, but suspension and wheels are staying the same.
TX03RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2022, 09:45 PM   #506
BlackoutRam2500
Ten Point

Quote:
I thought long and hard about ordering a Lariat 250 non tremor and going Carli 2.5Ē Pin Top kit or 250 Tremor. Finally decided Tremor hoping I could leave well enough alone lol Still may swap out the Duratracs for Ridge Grapplers, but suspension and wheels are staying the same.
Same reason I ordered the Tremor. So far so good. I haven't even spent money on a tint or ceramic coat yet.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
BlackoutRam2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2022, 10:56 PM   #507
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Quote:

I almost went tremor but decided I would want taller.

Went 3.5 on my 17 then it got confusing as **** looking at the new.

Try and follow me on this one because I could be way wrong but itís what Iíve heard the last few weeks.

2022 tremor is 2.5 but the 2021 and up are an inch shorter than the 2017-2020(could be off a year and only to 2019). So thatís a 1.5 inch lift vs my 2017.

So now they are telling me the 2022 4.5 inch carli is actually a 5.5 which would make it the same hight as 2017 with a 4.5 which would be 1 inch taller than my 17 with the 3.5.

The reason I want a 4.5 is because I guessed the 2.5 is a 3.5 and Iíd still be and inch shorter than my 17.

I always thought my 2017 would have looked better with one more inch clearance. I had a rubbing issue with factory wheels on my 2017 and 37ís.

Only way I know how to fix that is aftermarket wheels, spacers, or maybe going with a 11.5 wide vs 12.5 wide tire.

Old 05-16-2022, 11:21 PM   #508
TreyRo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Whitney

Quote:

I have some 4.5 Carli coils (and a pile other OUO parts)Ö sounds like you need to buy them from me.
TreyRo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2022, 11:25 PM   #509
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyRo View Post
I have some 4.5 Carli coils (and a pile other OUO parts)Ö sounds like you need to buy them from me.

No,no,no, and no!

Must stay strong and like 19 MPG highway.

Old 05-17-2022, 07:15 AM   #510
captainsling
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Dilley, Texas

Quote:
No,no,no, and no!

Must stay strong and like 19 MPG highway.

Might as well just do it. You already put way too much thought into it.
captainsling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2022, 07:36 AM   #511
slayr
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsling View Post
Might as well just do it. You already put way too much thought into it.
I have to agree. If you wanted fuel economy you couldíve bought a Volkswagen Golf.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:22 AM   #512
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Default Anyone order an F250 lately?

Quote:
I have to agree. If you wanted fuel economy you couldíve bought a Volkswagen Golf.

I bought this truck for driving to and from the ranch. Itís like and expensive sxs.

I could fly back and forth and hire labor to the work and still come out ahead with fuel prices.

Old 05-19-2022, 03:09 AM   #513
slayr
Ten Point

Quote:
I bought this truck for driving to and from the ranch. Itís like and expensive sxs.

I could fly back and forth and hire labor to the work and still come out ahead with fuel prices.

Ha! Iím just messing with ya man! I can completely agree with the fuel statement, the 6Ē lift and 37s I put on mine werenít probably the smartest thing to do.
Old 05-19-2022, 07:24 AM   #514
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Seminole co OK, Navarro co TX

Quote:
I’ve got 100 miles on this 7.3 now, and I don’t regret this one bit. I’m coming from a tuned 17’ 6.7, and I was scared I wasn’t going to be happy with the power of the 7.3. That’s not the case at all. This truck moves very well. Plent if power especially with the 4.30 rear end.
I was about to call BS on your statement until you said 4.30(which I honestly didn’t know they made).
I’ve had a 7.3 for about 2 yrs and just turned 80k. Day to day driving in town it’s great but on the hwy with any kind of trailer and I’m not a fan. For some reason Ford thought it would be a good idea to put a 3.55 rear end in mine which was pretty common when they first came out. Constantly down shifts and gets about 9mpg. I have to lock out 9/10 gears on the tranny and it helps but not enough. I almost had the cord house swap me to 4.56 gears after I had it about 6 months but decided I didn’t want to spend the money because there wasn’t enough info on what the outcome would be.
I’ll prob be going back to diesel once the truck shortage clears up and diesel comes down off this crazy high.

I would love to see what this thing would do with some 4.30 gears tho, no f250 gas truck should ever have 3.55 rear end, EVER
KactusKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2022, 08:05 AM   #515
NockUmOut
Nubbin' Buck

I have a 2020 7.3 with 3.55 gears and pulling a trailer with sxs out west is horrible constantly shifting gears aggravating to say the least. Finally decided to just use the pedal instead of cruise control. They used 355 gears to help the fuel economy empty but id agree when pulling any type of trailer light or heavy its 9 or less MPG. However I order another one and its scheduled to be built next week so I guess you could say I'm somewhat happy with it!
NockUmOut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2022, 11:00 AM   #516
stxhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Duval County

Iíve got a 20í Tremor F-250 with the 7.3. The tremor comes stock with 35Ē tires and 4.30 rear. About the heaviest Iíve towed is 7k lbs, handled the trailer just fine averaging 9.5mpg. Iíve loaded down the bed with 2300lbs of feed without any issues and still had plenty of payload to spare. In my opinion the trans does a great job keeping the engine in the power band, but I havenít noticed significant shifting like some have mentioned.

Thought about the diesel when I purchased, but for my use it didnít make any sense. Back when I purchased mine it would have taken 350,000 - 400,000 miles to break even with the better mileage on a diesel vs the 7.3, no diesel is a fair bit more per gallon and Iím sure that number has gone up. Donít get me wrong, diesel is needed for some, but for the rest of us weekend warriors the 7.3 is plenty!
stxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2022, 12:50 PM   #517
pervis
Ten Point

Mines got a bds 4in radius arm lift kit 37s nitto ridge grapplers. The 11.50 37s. Borla 2in wheel spacers. Stock rims. It came out really good.
pervis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2022, 12:58 PM   #518
slayr
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervis View Post
Mines got a bds 4in radius arm lift kit 37s nitto ridge grapplers. The 11.50 37s. Borla 2in wheel spacers. Stock rims. It came out really good.
Have any pics? Sounds nice!
Old 05-19-2022, 03:20 PM   #519
TX03RUBI
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by KactusKiller View Post
I was about to call BS on your statement until you said 4.30(which I honestly didnít know they made).
Iíve had a 7.3 for about 2 yrs and just turned 80k. Day to day driving in town itís great but on the hwy with any kind of trailer and Iím not a fan. For some reason Ford thought it would be a good idea to put a 3.55 rear end in mine which was pretty common when they first came out. Constantly down shifts and gets about 9mpg. I have to lock out 9/10 gears on the tranny and it helps but not enough. I almost had the cord house swap me to 4.56 gears after I had it about 6 months but decided I didnít want to spend the money because there wasnít enough info on what the outcome would be.
Iíll prob be going back to diesel once the truck shortage clears up and diesel comes down off this crazy high.

I would love to see what this thing would do with some 4.30 gears tho, no f250 gas truck should ever have 3.55 rear end, EVER
I havenít hooked up a trailer to it yet, so I might be pretty upset when I do. As of right now Iím thoroughly pleased with the truck though. My tuned 6.7 would scoot pretty well for a 9K lb truck. This 7.3 isnít as fast, but itís no slouch either. The 4.30 rear end is a must IMO though. I donít pull near as heavy as I used to, so I figured this would do well for my uses now. Mostly 4-5K lbs with an occasional 8-9K. My 6.7 regularly saw 16-18K behind it up until a year ago.
Old 05-21-2022, 12:24 AM   #520
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ha! Iím just messing with ya man! I can completely agree with the fuel statement, the 6Ē lift and 37s I put on mine werenít probably the smartest thing to do.

It never is but we still do it

Old 05-21-2022, 07:26 AM   #521
bowfishin fool
Ten Point

Hunt In: Harper Tx, Cuero TX

Built! Just waiting on shipment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bowfishin fool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2022, 08:06 AM   #522
Darton
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowfishin fool View Post
Built! Just waiting on shipment!

Still took over 4 weeks once I got to that stage!
Darton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2022, 08:16 AM   #523
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Seminole co OK, Navarro co TX

Quote:
I havenít hooked up a trailer to it yet, so I might be pretty upset when I do. As of right now Iím thoroughly pleased with the truck though. My tuned 6.7 would scoot pretty well for a 9K lb truck. This 7.3 isnít as fast, but itís no slouch either. The 4.30 rear end is a must IMO though. I donít pull near as heavy as I used to, so I figured this would do well for my uses now. Mostly 4-5K lbs with an occasional 8-9K. My 6.7 regularly saw 16-18K behind it up until a year ago.
For me itís not the weight your towing itís wind drag. It will pull heavy weight but I have literally watched the fuel gauge drop while the RPM is screaming. I really think the gear ratio is the issue. The 3.55 was put in it for people that should have gotten an f150 instead but think f250 is cool to drive. Like I said ABSOLUTELY NO F250 GAS TRUCK SHOULD EVER HAVE 3,55 gears. Just in case Fordís engineers are reading
KactusKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2022, 02:29 PM   #524
TX03RUBI
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by KactusKiller View Post
For me itís not the weight your towing itís wind drag. It will pull heavy weight but I have literally watched the fuel gauge drop while the RPM is screaming. I really think the gear ratio is the issue. The 3.55 was put in it for people that should have gotten an f150 instead but think f250 is cool to drive. Like I said ABSOLUTELY NO F250 GAS TRUCK SHOULD EVER HAVE 3,55 gears. Just in case Fordís engineers are reading
I absolutely agree with you. I wouldíve never considered a gasser if the 4.30s werenít available. I wanted deeper gears in my 350, but 3.55 was as low as you could get in a single wheel diesel.
Old 05-21-2022, 04:39 PM   #525
bowfishin fool
Ten Point

Quote:
I absolutely agree with you. I wouldíve never considered a gasser if the 4.30s werenít available. I wanted deeper gears in my 350, but 3.55 was as low as you could get in a single wheel diesel.

I was thinking 4.30ís would be wayyy too low, so we went 3.73, wished they had a 4.10 option.

But then again I donít get in a hurry when pulling, so maybe my mileage will vary

Old 05-21-2022, 06:59 PM   #526
TX03RUBI
Pope & Young

Quote:
I was thinking 4.30ís would be wayyy too low, so we went 3.73, wished they had a 4.10 option.

But then again I donít get in a hurry when pulling, so maybe my mileage will vary

If it wasnít for the 10 speed Iíd be inclined to agree. The transmission has tall enough gearing that Iím barely running 2100 rpm at 83. Dropping down to 75 and Iím around 1900.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:36 PM   #527
captainsling
Pope & Young

I know a lot of people complain about the lie-o-meter on the mileage of your truck. Here is how to change the bias on your computer and make it more accurate based off hand calculations. There is also a YouTube video on how to do it.

1. Determine adjustment number. Hand Calculated MPG/Computer MPG * 1,000. Ex: 14.5/16.0*1000= 906.25. Round to nearest whole number (906 for me)

2. Hold left OK button on steering wheel and turn ingnition to on. Do not start engine. hold until you see “ET” pop up on bottom of screen.

3. Release OK button and you are in the Engineering Test mode.

4. Scroll up one button click (or as many as needed) until you see AFE bias:1000

5. Use left arrow to set desired number from step one. You can go all the way down to that number, or step it down over a few different settings to dial in the accuracy.

6. Hold the OK button until screen goes to a normal screen view.

Allow 2-3 tanks of gas for the computer to relearn with the new fuel bias setting. This did wonders for making my Rangers MPG more accurate.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GPBuHCrJ7wA&feature=share

Last edited by captainsling; 05-21-2022 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-23-2022, 05:51 PM   #528
txheartshot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Webb & Gillespie counties

Has anyone seen or heard any leaked info on possible date to order a 2023? Iím thinking itíll be sometime in the fall, but curious if anyone has heard anything.

txheartshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2022, 07:50 AM   #529
NockUmOut
Nubbin' Buck

Got the Built email this morning!
Ordered 3/25
In Production 5/19
Built 5/26
Expected Delivery 6/18-6/24
Old 05-26-2022, 08:17 AM   #530
slayr
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by txheartshot View Post
Has anyone seen or heard any leaked info on possible date to order a 2023? Iím thinking itíll be sometime in the fall, but curious if anyone has heard anything.

I heard December.
Old 05-26-2022, 08:18 AM   #531
slayr
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NockUmOut View Post
Ordered 3/25
In Production 5/19
Built 5/26
Very nice! Congrats!
Old 05-26-2022, 11:42 AM   #532
Super Stroked
Four Point

Hunt In: Votaw and Eldorado

Quote:
Ordered 3/25
In Production 5/19
Built 5/26
Dang, I ordered back in Feb and still ain't heard anything....

Last edited by Super Stroked; 05-26-2022 at 11:47 AM.
Super Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2022, 09:14 PM   #533
bowfishin fool
Ten Point

Quote:
Ordered 3/25
In Production 5/19
Built 5/26

Similar to mine

Ordered 3/21
Built 5/20
Expected delivery 6/10-6/16

Old 05-26-2022, 09:23 PM   #534
gburk
Four Point

Quote:
Similar to mine

Ordered 3/21
Built 5/20
Expected delivery 6/10-6/16

yep

Ordered 2/18
Built 5/23
Expected 6/20

Just in time for diesel to crest $6
gburk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2022, 07:45 AM   #535
TX03RUBI
Pope & Young

Quote:
I heard December.
Typically they open in September. Not sure if itís the case this year though.
Old 05-27-2022, 07:50 AM   #536
ateagleton
Four Point

Hunt In: Cherokee Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Stroked View Post
I ordered 3/4 and have not heard anything either.
ateagleton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2022, 05:14 PM   #537
Rick
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sonora

I ordered 2/24. Sales guy called yesterday and said they have had some slowdowns, wanted to know if i was still committed. I wonder if they have people backing out? he said it will still get scheduled, just a delay. Looks like some ordered after i did and already been built. Maybe it depends on options
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2022, 08:06 PM   #538
ateagleton
Four Point

Hunt In: Cherokee Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I ordered 2/24. Sales guy called yesterday and said they have had some slowdowns, wanted to know if i was still committed. I wonder if they have people backing out? he said it will still get scheduled, just a delay. Looks like some ordered after i did and already been built. Maybe it depends on options
Wonder if Ford is directing dealerships to call and confirm? I received a call this morning also.
ateagleton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2022, 10:33 PM   #539
TradAg02
Ten Point

Quote:

I ordered mine on October 5th. Confirmed last week order is still in queue at Ford with no build date yet.

A buddy ordered a Chevy around the same time. They sent him his truck less the options they are waiting for. As the options come available he takes it to the dealer for install. Wish Ford did the same. Pretty frustrating seeing trucks delivered that were ordered months after mine.

TradAg02 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2022, 11:26 PM   #540
bowfishin fool
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TradAg02 View Post
I ordered mine on October 5th. Confirmed last week order is still in queue at Ford with no build date yet.

A buddy ordered a Chevy around the same time. They sent him his truck less the options they are waiting for. As the options come available he takes it to the dealer for install. Wish Ford did the same. Pretty frustrating seeing trucks delivered that were ordered months after mine.

I definitely Tried to game it for a faster delivery

Lariat with few upgrades, left off the sunroof, bed liner, gooseneck, no FX4 and no gooseneck cameraÖ

Ordered the 7.3 gasser to help with time as well

Old 05-31-2022, 08:59 AM   #541
NockUmOut
Nubbin' Buck

Received the shipped email today
expected delivery still 6/18 - 6/24
I also kept options to a minimum for a quick turnaround
FX4 7.3 XLT Premium Package
Old 06-14-2022, 02:23 PM   #542
NockUmOut
Nubbin' Buck

Got the call today truck has arrived at the dealership.
Picking it up tomorrow. Price has went up $1295 since the order date. It should be Price Protected but something tells me there's gonna be problems!! Fingers crossed for a good outcome!!
Old 06-14-2022, 03:56 PM   #543
gburk
Four Point

Quote:
Got the call today truck has arrived at the dealership.
Picking it up tomorrow. Price has went up $1295 since the order date. It should be Price Protected but something tells me there's gonna be problems!! Fingers crossed for a good outcome!!
Good luck! i'm right behind you and also wondering what I'll encounter.. supposed to be next week.
gburk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2022, 04:20 PM   #544
BertramBass
Eight Point

Hunt In: Coleman and Childress Counties

Quote:
Same here. Ordered 2/17. Nada...
BertramBass is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2022, 08:30 AM   #545
NockUmOut
Nubbin' Buck

Truck made it to the house! Everything went smoothly got what I wanted without much resistance! Didn't have a comfortable feeling from the day I order till about mid May(poor communication, customer service) but when the new guy took over it seem to all change!
Kuddos to Cavender Ford (Columbus) new sales manager
Old 06-16-2022, 11:49 AM   #546
captainsling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Truck made it to the house! Everything went smoothly got what I wanted without much resistance! Didn't have a comfortable feeling from the day I order till about mid May(poor communication, customer service) but when the new guy took over it seem to all change!
Kuddos to Cavender Ford (Columbus) new sales manager
Thatís surprising to hear since anything on their website is $10k over sticker price. Tried buying from them before I went to Ryan in Sealy. Had bought from Cavender before with no issues.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:29 PM   #547
BlackoutRam2500
Ten Point

I read yesterday they are now starting to see softness in auto sales. Ford reported their sales were down 15.3% year over year and delinquency rate was increasing. The next 6 months will be interesting to say the least.

BlackoutRam2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2022, 01:55 PM   #548
TreyRo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Whitney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
I read yesterday they are now starting to see softness in auto sales. Ford reported their sales were down 15.3% year over year and delinquency rate was increasing. The next 6 months will be interesting to say the least.

.... Have a buddy that frequents one of the auctions local to me that said trucks slowed down considerably the last few weeks. Still big money but plenty sitting
TreyRo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2022, 05:47 PM   #549
deep n the heat
Ten Point

I saw a fb add where a guy is trying to sell the F450 he ordered for an extra $5000 above msrp. He wants someone to buy it from the dealer but they have to give him 5k. Iíd like to know if the dealer lets him do that.
deep n the heat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2022, 06:35 PM   #550
captainsling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep n the heat View Post
I saw a fb add where a guy is trying to sell the F450 he ordered for an extra $5000 above msrp. He wants someone to buy it from the dealer but they have to give him 5k. Iíd like to know if the dealer lets him do that.
I donít see how he can do that. Dealership would probably laugh.