Active shooter in Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    What additional gun regulation would have prevented or help prevent this or other similar events?

And the other common denominator in this is the deranged person. A gun is just an inanimate object, it takes the individual to manipulate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    “Inanimate” is lame. So is a spoon, 2x4, breakfast taco….etc. none of those have the ability to kill 20 people in a matter of minutes

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
      I believe one issue is the defintion of a background check might need to be updated. Fox was stating earlier, the shooter had no criminal history. Heck, they said he didn't even have a speeding ticket on his record. With that, they did say people that knew the shooter thought he was a loner, werido, cut his face up thinking it was funny type of guy. I'm sure he also had a presence on social media. Perhaps background checks should start probing into social media platforms using their algorithms? I don't know if I agree with that or not, however, it sure doesn't seem like a traditional criminal background check, even with a waiting period would have stopped this shooter from buying the firearms.

I also think with all the money being thrown into education, we should hold our administrators more accountable on school security. There is video of the shooter obtaining access to the school without much issue. Why the heck was that door not locked? Apparently, the shooter was also being pursued (wrecked truck ran up to the school) and he even was in a shooting altercation with a school police officer. Why the heck was the school not on lock down already? I understand things happen fast, but the administrators should be answering questions here as well.

There’s no way to do that without creating more bureaucracy which never solves anything.

Plus all the stuff he was doing may be weird but it doesn’t make a person a criminal either.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
        “Inanimate” is lame. So is a spoon, 2x4, breakfast taco….etc. none of those have the ability to kill 20 people in a matter of minutes
        Listen up, if crazy wants to kill….they are going to kill.
        That sorry pos could have killed many more without a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          Why should buying an AR be easier than buying a revolver?? It makes no sense.. I know it gets confusing and I dang sure don't have all the answers but in this day and age I know for a fact 18 years old is just too young. Maybe different rules for enlisted men and women IDK but what we have going on now is not working.. I'm 2A to the core and have been my entire 56 years of life but I don't even feel comfortable anymore with what's going on.. Times and this countries culture is changing fast and probably isnt going to get any better..

You cannot be “2A to the core” and favor more restrictions, period.

Again the gun isn’t the problem. Society is the problem. Fix society before you start restricting any more rights.

Comment

Here’s a perfect example of how these things play out:

This was sent in a family group text. My wife’s response?

“I just found out about it. She is a good kid that was just running her mouth.”

Followed by:

“I’ve tried to tell her to keep her mouth shut!”

and…

“She is just mouthy! She isn’t dangerous! She just says what she thinks. She understands the consequences now.”

…and…

“I understand that. I haven’t spoken to her about it but she will be in my room next year for like 60 days. I’m sure I will get to talk to her a lot.”

“We are up to 6 next year starting in DAEP. 5 are for running their mouths!!!”

NO! NO! NO! NO!!!

I told her this is EXACTLY how these things play out!

“Something like 77% of active shooters have given warnings/indicators ahead of the actual shootings. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Should be treated as credible threats.”

“That’s insane. I think anybody “running their mouths” that involve death threats at school should be handled exactly like somebody would be that might voice threats at an airport. “

There can be no more “joking” threats about things like this! There must be significant ramifications and punishment. These types of threats are classic examples of words that are NOT protected by the first amendment. Yet they happen every day in our schools and are discredited until something like yesterday happens at YOUR kids’ school!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Michael; 05-25-2022, 07:35 PM.
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
              Listen up, if crazy wants to kill….they are going to kill.
              That sorry pos could have killed many more without a gun.
              Keep telling yourself that if it will make you sleep better tonight.

Comment

So if your kid had been killed yesterday you would have woke up the same today?

That wasn’t the question so again nice liberal play on emotions.

Of course I’d be devastated if my kid was killed but I wouldn’t be screaming for someone to restrict mine or anyone else’s rights.

I would be lobbying to harden schools and better protect the people inside them.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                  Then they cant fight for our country till there 21 or older.....

Can't have it both ways......just stop them from hunting and fishing too till there 21
                  He gone both ways more times that Bruce Jenner today

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Emotional arguments are lame.

Comment

That wasn’t the question so again nice liberal play on emotions.

Of course I’d be devastated if my kid was killed but I wouldn’t be screaming for someone to restrict mine or anyone else’s rights.

I would be lobbying to harden schools and better protect the people inside them.

You say “liberal” but I’ve never voted anything but republican. I’m just tired of kids being killed and frankly go to bed every night hoping my kids school isnt next.

Comment

Keep telling yourself that if it will make you sleep better tonight.
                        I’m sorry if you don’t get what I’m saying.

If all the guns were removed, crazy people will still kill, without guns.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                          Actually, I am not. Maybe you should put more energy into just reading or listening to what other people write or say than chomping at the bits to say even dumber ****.
                          You’re the one yapping about gun laws that….wait for it….ALREADY EXIST. It’s illegal to cross our border. It’s illegal to buy and sell drugs. It’s illegal to shoot someone. All of these things happen frequently. I 100% agree that something needs to be done. That something is to enforce our current laws. Efficiently and effectively. The shooter had many previous signs of mental instability. Nobody did anything. But you want to blame it on a gun. That’s liberal logic. Do not react out of emotion. There’s a whole lot of things that can be done to prevent these things. New laws are not one of them.

Comment

Emotional arguments are lame.

Just living in the real world. I love my guns and my freedoms but I’m tired of kids being killed.

Comment

I would encourage everyone to watch tucker's opener aired tonight...

Comment

Just saw a news clip where FJB is coming to Uvalde.
                                This can’t be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X