Tree ID Golliad area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree ID Golliad area

I’m not a tree person but cousin bought property around Golliad asking what type of tree this is.
    Attached Files

Texas live oak.

Comment

Looks like a live oak to me, and they are prevalent in that area.

(How are you doing, Glen?)

Comment

Before I open the thread I was saying huisatche
        Our lease is full of those worthless trees.

After opening it, I am not sure of the type of tree
        Leaves too big for live oak ?

BP

Comment

Kind of looks like live oak, but really can't tell with either of those pictures. The way the tree branches limbs, does not look right for live oak, then the smaller branches that the leaves are growing on, look to smooth, shiny and the wrong color for live oak. But I may be live oak and just the way the picture was taken. I have been around live oaks most of my life, that just don't look right for a live oak. I am very familiar with the Goliad area, there are definitely areas around Goliad that have live oaks, but there are a lot of other types of trees down there.

With those pictures I could not say what it is, if it was some type of tree I am familiar with.

Comment

Does it have thorns? I have some trees on my place that look like live oaks but they have thorns.

Comment

Looks like a live oak to me. A HD pic of leaves or a single leaf would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
                Does it have thorns? I have some trees on my place that look like live oaks but they have thorns.
                As previously stated, it it hard to tell from those pictures. It does look like a liveoak, but if it has some thorns, I would bet it is a gum bumelia. At a glance, they are sometimes confused.

I even know of a large specimen of a gum bumelia tree that was transplanted by a spade truck, thinking it was a live oak.

Comment

Working...
                X