Protein thieving hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein thieving hogs

These suckers are gonna have to take a dirt nap. They ate 600 lbs of protein in 2 weeks. The deer helped but the pigs are there every night for hours.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by switchbackxt; 05-20-2022, 02:44 PM.

Build some fencing around it with hog panel and t-posts.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
      Build some fencing around it with hog panel and t-posts.
      Plan on it. Just haven’t had time.

Comment

Pigs taste good by the way. I can come over and help you with them and I will even help you build the fence.

Comment

chootem

Comment

I'm having the same problem in Emory. Two big boars are going through 300lbs of corn/soybean mix in a week.

Going out to sit this evening and hopefully pop one or both.

Comment

I filled my protein feeder last month for the last time. 1 boar jumped the 34” hog panel pen and ate it all in a week. I’m done. They jump every pen I have now and they are medium sized pigs at that. …. Done

I looked at my wall of deer and 1 came from feed and none from protein…. I’ll dance with the one that brought me, and my neighbors will have to shoot skinnier 3.5 yo next season

Comment

I feel your pain.

Comment

That’s why they make wire fence panels! And in Low Fences case…that’s why they make cell cameras Kill those dudes and fence the rest out!!

Comment

Look guys, you need to elevate the feed so high that the pigs only get crumbs. Deer can get pretty high. Hog panels can be defeated.

If you think you will hog panel or choot your way out of this type of scenario, more power to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      I feel your pain.
                      [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

42” minimum height to the bottom lip of the feeder. Mine are set at 44”. Dr Kroll and others at that 36” stuff are full of it.

Comment

I put anything I use for other than pig at solar plexus level (minimum) for me which is about 45”. Typically I use my-nipple height which is over 51”.

Only a hammerhead would recommend 36” to keep out of hog range.

I am eternally grateful to all of the folk that don’t adhere to these measurements.
                          Last edited by Voodoo; 05-20-2022, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't put any feed in that feeder until the fence is up.
                            I've been down that road. After that pen was put up, the deer hammered it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              42” minimum height to the bottom lip of the feeder. Mine are set at 44”. Dr Kroll and others at that 36” stuff are full of it.
                              Mine are at 38” and my mature bucks look like giraffes. I started at the recommendation of 42”
                              And no deer could reach it. 38” they can and minimum coon consumption… but a hog will get to anything

And all my deer stations are fenced… and it don’t matter

Comment

Working...
                              X