No announcement yet.

Krivoman (or shell type) platform builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted to add my recent platform build to the list here since this thread helped me out so much.

A little over 4' to the top of the platform. Put it on skids to haul around the ranch. Stairs need a handrail but get the job done for now. Horsemats cut to shape inside. Two nice office chairs.

Hardest part was leveling it but it's perfect right now.

I appreciate my old man's help setting this up.

Comment

I’ve built a couple. They start out as a poly pipe reel then I build it into a base then stairs and a little porch.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post

I’ve built a couple. They start out as a poly pipe reel then I build it into a base then stairs and a little porch.
        Now that’s slick right there. Very good work!!!

Comment

Nice work Masters!

Might as well add mine to the mix that I just finished in April...Steps are 24" wide. I probably should have gone 30.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9816.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	24683192

Name:	IMG_9814.jpg
Size:	309.4 KB
ID:	24683193

Name:	IMG_9817.jpg
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	24683194

Name:	IMG_8810a.jpg
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	24683195

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
            Now that’s slick right there. Very good work!!!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Nice work Masters!

Might as well add mine to the mix that I just finished in April...Steps are 24" wide. I probably should have gone 30.

[ATTACH]1089571[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1089572[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1089573[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1089574[/ATTACH]

Thanks!

I built my first set of steps 36” wide but the second was built 32”(because of the scrap drop off purlin was that wide) 6” purlin steps on 8” purlin stringers 32” wide is what I’ll build the next set of stairs out of. I added small gravel and oilbase paint to the steps as well to aid in traction for the damp mornings. Full size vanilla gorillas like myself need the extra traction, because just the thought of slipping and falling makes my insurance premium go up!

Comment

Krivoman (or shell type) platform builds

Lmao! I added gravel to my deck paint as well for the same fear. It would be ugly![emoji23][emoji23]

I’ll do the steps too when the treated wood has time to dry.

I need to relearn to weld..
                Last edited by Smart; 05-15-2022, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Lmao! I added gravel to my deck paint as well for the same fear. It would be ugly![emoji23][emoji23]

I’ll do the steps too when the treated wood has time to dry.

I need to relearn to weld..
                  Come by the house anytime, I’ll show you what poorfolk skills I’ve learned....

Comment

Come by the house anytime, I’ll show you what poorfolk skills I’ve learned....

You’d prob have me headed back north in a day with all the splatter.[emoji23]

Comment

Thats how you do it!!!! Very nice

Comment

Sounds like you have yours ready to go
                        But here is my experience. By the way, all alone except for sliding the blind up onto the platforms.

I have built two 8x8 platforms for mine.
                        One was set on 9 - 4”x4” s set in cement and braced with 2x6 s ( overkill on my own property).
                        The center post helped the braces across the middle of the 1/2”
                        Plywood when you have 2-3 people inside. The second platform was only 5 -4x4” s (not buried due to rocks) with the leg “elevators” from Home Depot.
                        The second platform is guy-wired down to a cement tub in the center.
                        I barb-wired fenced the bottoms of each platform to keep cows out.
                        I also used two screened soffit vents in the underside of the floor that covers a few large holes drilled in the floor for ventilation.
                        I siliconed the edges and used small screws to hold the stand down.
                        It made it through a really bad tornado in Leon Co. without ripping it off the platform.
                        The round design is great for high winds like the space where I have it placed now on a hill in Brown county.
                        I bought a metal staircase off a generous TBH member and it has a handrail very nice in foul weather. I easily reversed the door to swing the other way to fit my ladder position.
                        Photos available by text if you PM me your number

We love my Krivo blind.
                        Last edited by Big pig; 05-16-2022, 09:48 PM.

Comment

I liked how easy the shell was to move around.

Comment

Just need some plywood and maybe a couple concrete spacers in case it is un-even.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Thats how you do it!!!! Very nice

Many thanks.

I’ve had my metal working skills get me in alotta gates to hunt big deer that couldn’t be bought with money. Love piddling in the shop!

Comment

Working...
                              X