More money, more problems.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breadman View Post
    either your gonna control the money or it`s gonna control you , if that makes any since to ya .i`ve seen it happin both ways . seen money make better people outta some and seem it make rotten miserable people otta outhers .
    Definitely. I don't want to get to that level necessarily. To where I feel over privileged. I just want to get to where I don't feel underprivileged.LOL

That would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy590 View Post
      It’s also a biblical concept.

“The ransom of a man’s life is his wealth, but a poor man hears no threat.”
      **Proverbs‬ *13:8‬ *ESV‬‬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      If I can be honest here.....I don't know what that means either.

Do they make a Bible for dummies? I need scriptures from that version.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        If I can be honest here.....I don't know what that means either.

Do they make a Bible for dummies? I need scriptures from that version.

Proverbs 13:8, NLT: The rich can pay a ransom for their lives, but the poor won't even get threatened.

Here is another translation.

Basically, poor people don’t have to worry about even getting approached to give money or to pay a ransom because they don’t have any. However someone is always looking for a way to take advantage of the wealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy590 View Post
          Proverbs 13:8, NLT: The rich can pay a ransom for their lives, but the poor won't even get threatened.

Here is another translation.

Basically, poor people don’t have to worry about even getting approached to give money or to pay a ransom because they don’t have any. However someone is always looking for a way to take advantage of the wealthy.

Oh ok. Well that is true.

But on the other hand it wouldn't be all that bad. I mean.....what if someone really needs money and you'd give 'em some, except you ain't got any? That's a bad deal. That means you're both broke. That sucks even worse than just one person not having money.

I guess at least in that case you can always relate.
          Last edited by okrattler; 05-14-2022, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Growing up as "poor" ( though not desperately poor, we had food, though cheap, mom said we ate beans and rice every meal for a month once ) then being broke for most of my early adult life until maybe 10yrs ago, and now with almost no debt and money flowing into the bank, I have seen both sides. I much prefer this. Having just enough money for gas to get to work for the week, on a Monday morning sucks. Watching every penny, every day, never eating out, constantly worried about which bills will get paid this week sucks.

The responsibility that comes with making money, running a business, employees etc sucks too. But sure sucks A LOT less.

Comment

I've never seen anyone frown on a jetski.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonSlinger View Post
                The things I have seen in my profession. More money equals more toys, houses, boats, cars………they always have something breaking therefore they are always having to fix them which cost them more money which in return leads to more problems. Don’t know that it’s all about the “rich”. Just more possessions from having more money.
                this^^^^

Comment

Some folks will miss use money into problems. These folks will acquire a ton of toys on credit. Next thing you know, they get more money and instead of paying of the toys they already have they go finance some more.

Comment

And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”
                    A rich man (righteous) thinks he can pay his way a poor (sinner) needs a savior to pay the debt

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      LOL That cracked me up.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post

I’ve seen em frown paying to repair them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          Some folks will miss use money into problems. These folks will acquire a ton of toys on credit. Next thing you know, they get more money and instead of paying of the toys they already have they go finance some more.
                          I've also seen this happen. And people like that actually drive me nuts.

I know a dude that drives a Tesla and has these 20 something year old girlfriends and all this stuff but he don't pay his freakin bills. He owes a ton of people money. Well hells bells if I didn't pay my bills I'd have money too. Nobody ever told me that was a option I guess.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 05-14-2022, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                            ...what if someone really needs money and you'd give 'em some, except you ain't got any? That's a bad deal. That means you're both broke. That sucks even worse than just one person not having money.

Welcome to communism. Lots of communist leaders agree with you and would be happy to make sure everyone has what the leaders deem is their fair share.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Welcome to communism. Lots of communist leaders agree with you and would be happy to make sure everyone has what the leaders deem is their fair share.
                              I'm looking at it as more of a person I like type deal. Which is like 10 people tops. Maybe not even that many. If I was rich I'd at least have the option of helping someone out.

Whether I like you or not my answer has to be no.LOL

Comment

But to be serious, I believe any blessing tot God gives us can cause us more problems if we use it to only seek pleasure. The question is how you view it. Do you view it as yours? Or as something you are just a steward of?

Do I view money as MY money, for my use to only search out pleasure?

Or

Do I view money as something I have been given, that I can use in my life for myself but more importantly to glorify God with?

The same can be said with our time, relationships, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X