How dangerous is Fentanyl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    A 32 year old kid that has seen more addiction problems in his own family and little town and has known more about heart ache and loss than men much older than me.
    Be thankful for each and every one of them. They're tragedy has probably taught you a lot without you even realizing it. Don't sit on a pedestal thinking you are greater than them. Sometimes a simple poor choice leads to another, then another, and another til you've wandered down a path you didn't even realize you were on. They probably paid a huge price for your wisdom and made that path stand out to you so you weren't led astray. They paid a price and you learned a lesson. My younger brother has spent most of his life fighting every addiction you can imagine. I've fought many myself. I thank God that my children grew up seeing my brothers troubles while they were young and learned what smart choices and bad choices lead to. It's is God's grace in action. If my loved one was ODing and someone just stood and watched them die with a smirk on their face, we'd have a problem. I promise.
    I don't disagree with you that a person's poor choice is their own demise but that doesn't mean they should automatically die for it. Some, maybe. Most, probably not. If I can help any of them I will. But beyond all of that, there are a lot of innocent people harmed who don't deserve it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

A 32 year old kid that has seen more addiction problems in his own family and little town and has known more about heart ache and loss than men much older than me. What do you know about it?

Probably not ****. I don't think a lot of y'all do that's why the brutal truth hurts so much.

You ever watch your mom get the **** beat out of her by a man with addiction problems? Yeah probably not. I think a lot of y'all live with your head in the sand. I ain't asking for anyone's pity or anything like that. I may live in a small town but I've seen enough to know how the world is. It can be a pretty brutal place. And it don't care near as much about you as people like to believe it does.

Smoking weed might be how some of y'all deal with your issues. That's fine. I'm not weak minded so I don't. I'm fine and I'll continue to be fine.
      I think you threw the bullseye on your back when you said, “I’m glad it’s a thing.” That’s something that sane and rational people don’t say. That’s why I suggested smoking a “J”. Not because that’s how I deal with my issues.

You play with snakes. Do you drink beer or whiskey?

Comment

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
        I think you threw the bullseye on your back when you said, “I’m glad it’s a thing.” That’s something that sane and rational people don’t say. That’s why I suggested smoking a “J”. Not because that’s how I deal with my issues.

You play with snakes. Do you drink beer or whiskey?
        I do play with snakes and it could kill me. I already mentioned that. I wouldn't expect anyone to feel bad about it and in fact a lot of you wouldn't. I'll have a beer every now and then and have drank whiskey. I just don't care for it much. But my dad was an alcoholic and so was his dad so I don't make a habit out of it. Maybe a chelada here and there if with a meal. I didn't know my dad very well until I was well into my mid to late 20's. The funny thing is nobody has had to tell me what was good or bad from the time I was a tiny kid. A lot of these things I've figured out on my own. And I do realize not everyone has in their life. How I was like that or why I'll never know. I've always followed the right people oddly enough and learned from the mistakes of others. I'd say I've been fortunate in that aspect.

Maybe it was negative experiences from a young age and I was somehow able to piece it all together. I really couldn't tell you. I don't hold a grudge against anyone. I ain't mad at nobody. We all have traveled a different path. What gets me is how people have strayed so far off of their path out of selfishness. I mean if it came down to it I could think of plenty of excuses to be an alcoholic or do drugs. But I don't.....because......why? That wouldn't change the past. But it definitely could change my future in a big way.
        Last edited by okrattler; 05-12-2022, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I understand the OP's point. There are instances where this drug does provide a quality of life to some that never could have had it.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            They roll em all wrong.
            Too **** skinny and way too long. :-)

Comment

As for my statement of "I'm glad it's a thing." I'll stand by it no matter how many targets it paints on me. Maybe fentanyl will wake people up a little on both sides of it. People might realize drugs aren't worth it. Everything in this life happens for a reason. If fentanyl is doing the harm they say it is maybe that will give the leaders of our country a kick in the pants to get this "war on drugs" an honest try. I'm not saying innocent folks deserve to die. But as of now drugs aren't being taken seriously in this country. But now all the sudden it's an issue. It's been an issue. The issue is nobody has been addressing the issue.

Yes, innocent people will die from this. But through failure there has to be triumph. Such is life. I'm sure like myself we can all look at instances in our lives, good or bad. Just like pieces of a puzzle it got you to where you are today and made you who you are. Or at least that's how I look back on my life. You can't have good without the bad. And sometimes seeing the worst can make you try that much harder to achieve the best.

If weeding out the worst is what it takes to achieve the best, so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by BowVista View Post
                I was simply referring to the fact that some people who struggle aren't POS addicts who rob and steal and ruin everyone - and deserve to be culled from society like was being inferred by some of the comments.

I understand this VERY well. I actually officiated a funeral last Saturday for a early 40's friend who got addicted to prescribed stuff so bad she was having to buy it elsewhere. She got something she *thought* was Xanax which turned out to be Fentanyl and she died almost instantly.
                Dangit man!! SMH. Sorry brother.. Been there.. I'm afraid these types of stories will become the norm.

Comment

As for my statement of "I'm glad it's a thing." I'll stand by it no matter how many targets it paints on me. Maybe fentanyl will wake people up a little on both sides of it. People might realize drugs aren't worth it. Everything in this life happens for a reason. If fentanyl is doing the harm they say it is maybe that will give the leaders of our country a kick in the pants to get this "war on drugs" an honest try. I'm not saying innocent folks deserve to die. But as of now drugs aren't being taken seriously in this country. But now all the sudden it's an issue. It's been an issue. The issue is nobody has been addressing the issue.

Yes, innocent people will die from this. But through failure there has to be triumph. Such is life. I'm sure like myself we can all look at instances in our lives, good or bad. Just like pieces of a puzzle it got you to where you are today and made you who you are. Or at least that's how I look back on my life. You can't have good without the bad. And sometimes seeing the worst can make you try that much harder to achieve the best.

If weeding out the worst is what it takes to achieve the best, so be it.
                  There's a difference between being thankful for what we learn from bad experiences and being glad for the bad things that caused them. I'm sure your not happy or glad for the existence of the drugs that caused a man to beat your mother. I hope I'm not wrong in that.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                    There's a difference between being thankful for what we learn from bad experiences and being glad for the bad things that caused them. I'm sure your not happy or glad for the existence of the drugs that caused a man to beat your mother. I hope I'm not wrong in that.

Just glad I know what direction I'm heading in life. As for where everyone else is going I don't know and quite frankly I don't care. I don't follow the leader, I am the leader of my life. Wouldn't make a difference to me if everyone started doing drugs tomorrow. I won't and I wouldn't. I'm quite confident I'm the kind of person that could watch the world crumble around me and I'd keep living life as usual. I'm thankful that whatever happened in my life that made me that way happened the way it did. I'm a lot better off because of it.

In some weird way I guess I should be thankful that,that idiot was brought into my life for a period of time. I'm sure in some way or another I learned something.
                    Last edited by okrattler; 05-13-2022, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Just glad I know what direction I'm heading in life. As for where everyone else is going I don't know and quite frankly I don't care. I don't follow the leader, I am the leader of my life. Wouldn't make a difference to me if everyone started doing drugs tomorrow. I won't and I wouldn't. I'm quite confident I'm the kind of person that could watch the world crumble around me and I'd keep living life as usual. I'm thankful that whatever happened in my life that made me that way happened the way it did. I'm a lot better off because of it.
                      Your family and friends don't matter then? If they struggle, you just watch n say, "sucks to be you"?

Comment

In some weird way I guess I should be thankful that,that idiot was brought into my life for a period of time. I'm sure in some way or another I learned something.
                        This is what I meant by being thankful for what we learn and gain from bad things in our life. But to be thankful that they happened and others suffered is not something to be thankful for. Both can be accomplished.

Comment

Your family and friends don't matter then? If they struggle, you just watch n say, "sucks to be you"?

If they make choices in their lives like doing drugs I do. I've had to separate myself from people that party too much just because that's not my goal in life. You are who you hang out with. I know what path I'm on in life and I'm not going to let anyone or anything lead me astray. If my best friend were to start doing drugs today he wouldn't be my best friend when the sun came up tomorrow.

I don't know if that's what you mean by watch them struggle but that's the way I understood the question.

If they're struggling due to addiction problems I'm not going to go broke helping someone that most likely doesn't want help. I'll just part ways and wish them well. I can't let other people's decisions in life ruin mine. I can't and I won't.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 05-13-2022, 05:15 AM.

Comment

If they make choices in their lives like doing drugs I do. I've had to separate myself from people that party too much just because that's not my goal in life. You are who you hang out with. I know what path I'm on in life and I'm not going to let anyone or anything lead me astray. If my best friend were to start doing drugs today he wouldn't be my best friend when the sun came up tomorrow.

I don't know if that's what you mean by watch them struggle but that's the way I understood the question.
                            I guess we're both happy we're not friends then. I stand by my friends. That's what it means to be a friend. If you're only a friend to someone when they do everything your way and never make a mistake, your not much of a friend.
                            However, I really don't believe that's your true position. I think you've talked yourself into a corner and can't get out of it. I bet you're a better friend than that in reality.

Comment

I guess we're both happy we're not friends then. I stand by my friends. That's what it means to be a friend. If you're only a friend to someone when they do everything your way and never make a mistake, your not much of a friend.
                              However, I really don't believe that's your true position. I think you've talked yourself into a corner and can't get out of it. I bet you're a better friend than that in reality.

Unfortunately I guess not. I'll care until someone shows me they no longer care. At that point I'll count my losses and move forward. I've had family members go broke helping people who had addiction problems and it didn't do a bit of good. You can't change the way a person is. They have to want it for themselves. If a person doesn't care that I part ways with them due to their lifestyle choices then why should I?

I am who I say I am. I won't back myself into a corner because I honestly don't care how people see me whether it's on the internet or real life. That's just how I am.

Once I've had enough of someone's bullcrap I will walk away and never look back. And when it comes to addiction that's a pretty easy thing to do. At least it is for me because I've seen too many people drive their life into the ground over someone that couldn't get their life together.

You can't let people with addiction problems drain you emotionally and financially just because you're their friend. If they were a friend they wouldn't be putting you in that predicament to begin with.

I guess it all depends on how you define struggle. My best friend is in a wheelchair. Has been since 2009 and nothing has changed throughout that time. That's a struggle he didn't have a choice in being a part in. But he's still the same guy he's always been. Substance abuse is a different struggle. It will change people. I've seen it turn good people into liars and thieves. I've seen it on both sides of the spectrum. Alcohol and drugs both. When someone is to that point in their life they have to hit the lowest of lows. And then maybe they'll start trying to rebuild.
                              Last edited by okrattler; 05-13-2022, 05:45 AM.

Comment

All that remains are Faith ,Hope , and Love. But the greatest of these is Love. Sounds like some have lost most if not all of these.

Comment

Working...
                                X