How dangerous is Fentanyl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
    If a PO can OD from just sniffing or touching a bag of fentanyl, how the hell do the drugies transport it in a closed vehicle without dying in the first 30 seconds?
    I’ve seen reports that the video was fake or that there was no way the officer could have OD’ed like he did.

Comment

Question for the law enforcement officers or medical staph or first responders of any kind. Now that this drug is so common is there not a protocol for calls where you have a possible overdose? You obviously don't know every detail on the spot so are first responders at least taking precautions where fentanyl could be present?

If not, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        Question for the law enforcement officers or medical staph or first responders of any kind. Now that this drug is so common is there not a protocol for calls where you have a possible overdose? You obviously don't know every detail on the spot so are first responders at least taking precautions where fentanyl could be present?

If not, why not?
        Ya common sense don’t touch drugs or smell them wear gloves and give narcan. Give narcan 3-4 times a month no big deal for us. We don’t just sit and watch them die from 100 yds away saying man this guy is a pos

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
          Ya common sense don’t touch drugs or smell them wear gloves and give narcan. Give narcan 3-4 times a month no big deal for us. We don’t just sit and watch them die from 100 yds away saying man this guy is a pos
          Well..........You just never know how well something works until you give it a try.

But we pay taxes for a reason so might as well keep up with the system you have going.

Comment

We run those OD fairly often. Sad deal to see the destruction of families and lives. Seen many under 50 Y/O dead folks because of it

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              Well..........You just never know how well something works until you give it a try.

But we pay taxes for a reason so might as well keep up with the system you have going.
              Being 3ft away from drugs doesn’t kill you. Some people turn their life around after a near death OD some people die the next week. Some people die at 35 from eating mcdonalds some people play with snakes. Everyone sins in their own way all sin leads to death. Everyone deserves to hear the gospel and another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                If a PO can OD from just sniffing or touching a bag of fentanyl, how the hell do the drugies transport it in a closed vehicle without dying in the first 30 seconds?
                Duh, they're all wearing covid masks.

I'll show myself out.

Comment

Yeah, not sure I believe the OD story.

Comment

Wow!! Someone from Oklahoma needs to go smoke a joint and chill.

Comment

Originally posted by BowVista View Post
                      Someone asked me recently why I never post in the Campfire section anymore. This thread is a prime example of why I avoid it.

As someone who's battled an addiction to prescription meds (thanks to a doctor post-op) that I never got outside a pharmacy, I'm appalled at what some people will pretend they're educated on much less say out loud.
                      What does a thread about the dangers of fentanyl have anything to do with pharmaceutical addiction, which happens to be something that I absolutely know very much about.. At least you are here to tell your story. I had family 2 members who cannot and one that has been bed ridden for 4 years due to opioid addiction, prescribed by DR's...

Comment

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
                        They roll em all wrong.

Comment

Or get off the fentanyl...

Comment

Opinions of a 20 year old kid that doesn't have any kids or life experience outside of his little Oklahoma town doesn't care much weight. A fat doobie would prob do him some good though

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                              Opinions of a 20 year old kid that doesn't have any kids or life experience outside of his little Oklahoma town doesn't care much weight. A fat doobie would prob do him some good though
                              A 32 year old kid that has seen more addiction problems in his own family and little town and has known more about heart ache and loss than men much older than me. What do you know about it?

Probably not ****. I don't think a lot of y'all do that's why the brutal truth hurts so much.

You ever watch your mom get the **** beat out of her by a man with addiction problems? Yeah probably not. I think a lot of y'all live with your head in the sand. I ain't asking for anyone's pity or anything like that. I may live in a small town but I've seen enough to know how the world is. It can be a pretty brutal place. And it don't care near as much about you as people like to believe it does.

Smoking weed might be how some of y'all deal with your issues. That's fine. I'm not weak minded so I don't. I'm fine and I'll continue to be fine.
                              Last edited by okrattler; 05-12-2022, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                                What does a thread about the dangers of fentanyl have anything to do with pharmaceutical addiction, which happens to be something that I absolutely know very much about.. At least you are here to tell your story. I had family 2 members who cannot and one that has been bed ridden for 4 years due to opioid addiction, prescribed by DR's...
                                I was simply referring to the fact that some people who struggle aren't POS addicts who rob and steal and ruin everyone - and deserve to be culled from society like was being inferred by some of the comments.

I understand this VERY well. I actually officiated a funeral last Saturday for a early 40's friend who got addicted to prescribed stuff so bad she was having to buy it elsewhere. She got something she *thought* was Xanax which turned out to be Fentanyl and she died almost instantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X