No announcement yet.

Houston, for the last time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lived in Houston 2 years to the day. Dec 79 to Dec. 81 and it was 2 years too much.

Comment

Born in Houston 64+ years ago. Moved out when I was 12 to Pearland, right next door almost. That place has grown like crazy too. Wife and I made plans to move to the hill country (Kerrville area) at some point. That was over 20 years ago. Retired at end of 2020 and moved to Kerrville. Don't have plans to go back except for funerals and maybe a wedding or two. After house flooding in two hurricanes we just reached our limit. Life is too short to be crammed in by all those people. Some like it, but not us. Best thing we have ever done. Feel for those that can't or won't leave. I know many would if they could.

Comment

I left Houston in 2005 and moved to the big metropolis of Votaw, TX. Loved every minute of it. Good luck to you.

Comment

Thanks folks! I have lived back and forth between Kosse and houston for 32 years. That's what made it really hard. Going back was harder than staying there full time. Drive today wasn't too bad. Sure wasn't a crazy azz Sunday.

I used to journal my time at the farm so future generations knew when things were done such as this tree planted when and this pond was dug or this trail made. In that I kept track of days spent there. In 2015 I spent 10 more days in houston than I did in Kosse. I had to stop keeping track of days as I was always trying to break last years total. From that aspect teaching allowed me to live 2 lives. Not saying houston sucks but I won't be disappointed if I never see it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
            Thanks folks! I have lived back and forth between Kosse and houston for 32 years. That's what made it really hard. Going back was harder than staying there full time. Drive today wasn't too bad. Sure wasn't a crazy azz Sunday.

I used to journal my time at the farm so future generations knew when things were done such as this tree planted when and this pond was dug or this trail made. In that I kept track of days spent there. In 2015 I spent 10 more days in houston than I did in Kosse. I had to stop keeping track of days as I was always trying to break last years total. From that aspect teaching allowed me to live 2 lives. Not saying houston sucks but I won't be disappointed if I never see it again.
            Similar path here. Most weeks in the suburbs of Houston and most weekends in centerville. Down to a few months now before it's permanent. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Similar path here. Most weeks in the suburbs of Houston and most weekends in centerville. Down to a few months now before it's permanent. Congrats!
              you too!

Comment

Born and raised in Houston, TX and my wife was born and raised in Brenham. We just bought a place in Washington County and I can’t wait to leave. I’ve lived mostly in the suburbs of Richmond and Katy, but to me it’s just one big busy and congested conglomerate.

Comment

Born in houston, raised at Klein
                  Spent my whole working career in o&g bssed in houston

Best day in past 20 yrs was the day I closed on the sale of our cypress house and moved to central texas. Like Texican, I miss the abundant great Mexican food, but don’t miss the crime, pollution or traffic.

Good luck in Kosse. Sounds like you are finally where you want to be.

Comment

Congrats on getting the heck out of the muggy city! I'm a year behind you.

Comment

Congrats! Enjoy being out of the cesspool!
                      When the wife retires at the end of the year it is adios too!

Comment

Working...
                      X