No announcement yet.

What's the breaking point on driving your diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid $5.29 today...$24 per day...just to get to work and back home.....at 20 mpg

I remember when oil was $150 per bbl...and diesel was around $3.79 now its at $107 but it is $5-$6....hmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Don't have a diesel but have parked the pickup in favor of the wife's Toyota. 116 mi every day back and forth to work.

Comment

It ain't no fun. For the first time in my life I paid over $5 for a gallon of diesel. I also paid almost $200 for a half full basket of groceries at Sam's, including $12 for two cartons of eggs. Can't do anything but grin and bear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          My breaking point was many years ago when I figured out that diesels cost too much to buy, and cost too much to maintain. Probably two thirds of the guys that own one don’t need it. But it is America, (for now), so carry on !
          Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
          Most gasoline truck engine owners, probably 2/3rds don’t realize they dont need one and could do just fine with a sedan or compact car.

Funny!

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
            Paid $5.29 today...$24 per day...just to get to work and back home.....at 20 mpg

I remember when oil was $150 per bbl...and diesel was around $3.79 now its at $107 but it is $5-$6....hmmmmmmmmm
            But now it's 10% added for the big guy.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
              The reality of it is that most people need a diesel. Gasoline trucks just don’t cut it and can you believe people still drive half ton trucks? With the cost of eating out sky high grocery store hauls are getting bigger and happening more often!
              Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
              Most gasoline truck engine owners, probably 2/3rds don’t realize they dont need one and could do just fine with a sedan or compact car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              LMAO Facts

Maybe all the big diesel concrete crushers will rethink that idea

Comment

on another note...if you have a daily driver and didn't have to buy diesel fuel atm-the diesel truck market is going to look really good here by the years end!
                I bought a less than year old dodge mega laramie (with 20k miles) for $28 k when obama went into office and our country was on its knees-the sticker price paperwork was in the glove box still. It was listed at 72K earlier that year. I drove that truck 10 years and the ford dealership bought it from me for $28 k ten years later when I traded it in for a new king ranch. I'll be watching barely used diesel truck prices again soon...

Comment

It wasn't diesel but I saw a pump with .74 worth of gas pumped yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                    Probably someone trying to top off at a station that has a dollar amount where the pump stops.

I try to avoid them, but just the dumbest thing to have a max on fuel when its this high.

J

Comment

It’s all I had

My Breaking point was when my diesel truck ate a piston…

Comment

I was in line behind a guy at the corner store. He bought 4 packs of cigs, some energy drinks, and $3 worth of gas. Guessing he just had to go around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                          I was in line behind a guy at the corner store. He bought 4 packs of cigs, some energy drinks, and $3 worth of gas. Guessing he just had to go around the corner.

We’re u in Porter?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            We’re u in Porter?

This was right down the road from where I was raised up in Grangerland.

Comment

This was right up the road from where I was raised up in Grangerland.

I could see that happening in Grangerland. [emoji1787]

Comment

I was raised up in Grangerland.
                                Where about?

Comment

Working...
                                X