No announcement yet.

Battery string trimmers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been running a Milwaukee for 2 yrs now with no issues.
    I swing it through everything without issue.
    Premium line vs generic round line makes a big difference.
    With Echos Black Diamond line it will go through briars, waist high weeds, just about anything.
    Haven't fired up my gas Echo since the day I bought the Milwaukee.
    The turtle mode is also nice when working around my fruit trees, or areas where you don't need max power, just switch it over and no need to feather the throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      I do. 20V. Works great for me and what I need done.
      Jeff, I looked them up on the DeWalt website and they sure don’t have very good reviews!! Lots of complaints about that string feed and being difficult to refill the spool. Have you experienced any of that?
      Their Amazon reviews are better…
      Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 04-29-2022, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I poopoo'd the heck out of the battery stuff, but kiddo has an Ego trimmer and mower and I have to say I've been really impressed. I keep asking him to show me on the lawn but he finally caught on.

Comment

I went with all Ego equipment last year. Everything has worked great, including the trimmer. Even got the pruning attachment for the trimmer and been a pleased with its performance as well.

Comment

My kobalt 40v works ok for my suburban lot, but its cheaply made like most of them. Gas one comes out for real work. The 40v edger is very convenient if you dont let it get overgrown.
            Last edited by jdg13; 04-29-2022, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Jeff, I looked them up on the DeWalt website and they sure don’t have very good reviews!! Lots of complaints about that string feed and being difficult to refill the spool. Have you experienced any of that?
              Charlie I haven’t had it long enough to mess with that yet. Sorry!

Comment

If DeWalt has one I may give that a try... I have lots of DeWalt tools plus the pole saw/hedge trimmer combo (which I don't really have a use for the hedge trimmer). If they have a string trimmer/edger attachment, it probably wouldn't cost me much to give it a go...
                Anyone have/had a DeWalt brand one?
                I have one. I really don’t care for it. It seems front heavy to me. Maybe because most weed eaters are back heavy…
                My wife wanted something easy for her. I will grab my echo or stihl gas powered over it.
                Now the dewalt pole saw? It’s nice.

Comment

The older ones were hard to restring. The newer ones are easy.
                  Cut about 10’, run string through both eyes and spin the head. Just like the echo speed feed if you’re familiar with them

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                    The older ones were hard to restring. The newer ones are easy.
                    Cut about 10’, run string through both eyes and spin the head. Just like the echo speed feed if you’re familiar with them
                    Good to hear

Comment

I have an Echo 58V trimmer that is 3 years old. I live in a Subdivision House, so not a lot of usage. It has served me well. I build fires in my backyard to offset my lack of Carbon usage.

Comment

I have the Ego 56 Volt line and LOVE it.

I had the old Kobalt 80v line (same as greenworks) that was decent, but nowhere near as good as this Ego one I have now. Their entire line of batteries are compatible with every tool. They even have a zero turn mower that runs off of them.

I have the multi head unit that will run multiple attachments, and the hedge trimmers. I’m thinking of adding a chainsaw to the mid too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got a new dewalt trimmer and chainsaw, never thought I'd put down my steel but I only need it now for the really thick stuff and the door will do it just not as easy, super easy to string it's just like my steel pull off about 15 ft of string stick it straight through find the middle and wind it up just turn the head, really love the chainsaw and the chainsaw battery lasts forever in the weed eater, DeWalt weed eater weighs 7 lb compared to my 13 lb steel weed eater, not front end heavy might check it out

Comment

Anybody know what kind of string head is on the milwaukee trimmer and can it be changed to a different style? I put an aftermarket head on my shindawa that you just run the line straight thru and then wind it up.

Comment

My dad has the ego and loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                Anybody know what kind of string head is on the milwaukee trimmer and can it be changed to a different style? I put an aftermarket head on my shindawa that you just run the line straight thru and then wind it up.
                                Milwaukee has that exact head, it is stock.
                                Put string through and wind it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X