Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Incident at Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That yellow corvette never gets old. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
      Its not the lawyers, its not blm, its not even the likes of kae006......Its the erosion of what founded this country and that was, lest we forget, principles and morals founded upon the Bible by men who respected those principles and had a genuine love for God. Little by little God has been given the snub and this is what we get. It's pretty simple really.

You don’t have to look too far to find churches full of thieves. Some of them stand at the front, with their back to the cross.

Comment

Let me see if I can provide some perspective. We operate retail outlets in another industry. Our policy as well is to not to try to stop or chase a thief. The reason being is we do not want our employees to get hurt or killed. We value them more than the merchandise. You have no way to know the mindset or degree of danger a thief may create. We do not like theft or condone it. In fact we hope each thief gets prosecuted and will assist in any way to that end. Our policy is to let em walk and call the authorities. Again, because we do not want our employees to get themselves in a bad situation that ends in injury or death over merchandise.

That being said, while it is situational, typically the first time someone decides to try to stop a thief we simply remind them of the policy and that it is there for their protection and are thankful it didn't turn out bad. If they do it again, then they will be gone.

Unfortunately about 20 years ago we had an employee try to stand between the exit door and a thief and the employee got shot. The merch is not worth that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
          I bet I know yours. You vote for spineless idiots.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
          I'm an arms dealer with a background in law enforcement and fall in a high tax bracket. I'm willing to bet we vote the same, if you take the time to do so. But don't let that change your idiotic assumptions, it's much easier to just paint someone a liberal or a moron than to use logic.

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
            Let me see if I can provide some perspective. We operate retail outlets in another industry. Our policy as well is to not to try to stop or chase a thief. The reason being is we do not want our employees to get hurt or killed. We value them more than the merchandise. You have no way to know the mindset or degree of danger a thief may create. We do not like theft or condone it. In fact we hope each thief gets prosecuted and will assist in any way to that end. Our policy is to let em walk and call the authorities. Again, because we do not want our employees to get themselves in a bad situation that ends in injury or death over merchandise.

That being said, while it is situational, typically the first time someone decides to try to stop a thief we simply remind them of the policy and that it is there for their protection and are thankful it didn't turn out bad. If they do it again, then they will be gone.

Unfortunately about 20 years ago we had an employee try to stand between the exit door and a thief and the employee got shot. The merch is not worth that scenario.
            A local liquor store employee was shot over the weekend when attempting to stop a thief (which I guess then became a robber).

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              You don’t have to look too far to find churches full of thieves. Some of them stand at the front, with their back to the cross.

Your argument holds no water there Dale. Not talking about "Christians". I'm talking about morale fiber. Dont be so quick on the attack.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                I'm an arms dealer with a background in law enforcement and fall in a high tax bracket. I'm willing to bet we vote the same, if you take the time to do so. But don't let that change your idiotic assumptions, it's much easier to just paint someone a liberal or a moron than to use logic.
                I bet your affiliations are unclear to many because you come off as a belligerant ***hole. Throughout this thread you quote ppl to confront or correct them - most times when it's not neccessary. Does the guy who described not shooting a fleeing criminal need to be told he narrowly avoided a murder charge? - No.

You are successful? Congrats. Everyone here would likely appreciate the hustle that got you there, but I suspect you are either young, or you have some insecurity that makes you act like a *****. If you are as accomplished as you say - I guarantee you aren't as cavalier with your mouth in real person as you are with your fingers on the keys.

Maybe you are well studied and have a lot to offer on this topic - great, but remember that nobody likes an A-hole "know it all".

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                  I bet your affiliations are unclear to many because you come off as a belligerant ***hole. Throughout this thread you quote ppl to confront or correct them - most times when it's not neccessary. Does the guy who described not shooting a fleeing criminal need to be told he narrowly avoided a murder charge? - No.

You are successful? Congrats. Everyone here would likely appreciate the hustle that got you there, but I suspect you are either young, or you have some insecurity that makes you act like a *****. If you are as accomplished as you say - I guarantee you aren't as cavalier with your mouth in real person as you are with your fingers on the keys.

Maybe you are well studied and have a lot to offer on this topic - great, but remember that nobody likes an A-hole "know it all".

Somebody had to say it....dilly dilly

Comment

Your argument holds no water there Dale. Not talking about "Christians". I'm talking about morale fiber. Dont be so quick on the attack.

I understand, not attacking anyone. I just think it’s more of a pride, and self respect issue, regardless and separate of one’s theological leanings.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I understand, not attacking anyone. I just think it’s more of a pride, and self respect issue, regardless and separate of one’s theological leanings.
                      Fair enough but regardless of the deity, theology carries much moral fiber. You're aware of what the zealots do to thieves in the middle east I'm sure. Right vs wrong and our innate conscience didn't just pop into thin air. A healthy fear of God keeps man in check.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post

You got many things right in your post.

As for the gentleman who narrowly avoided a murder charge, I did not say it to be confrontational. I was pointing out that in the heat of the moment he ended up making a decision that could have had drastic consequences on the course of his life had he chose the opposite. I've done many many stupid things I've come to regret in hindsight.

As for the remainder of my posts on this thread, I disagree with you about confronting/correcting people unnecessarily. I guess it's not "necessary" to call out the racism that people often display on this forum, even if it is subtle and only implied. Note post #5 on this thread where I decried the actions of the thief and the handling by the store. After that most of my posts were related to people who were encouraging the employee who was terminated to sue, many of whom I would be willing to wager are the same folks that would be quick to denounce a lawsuit they disagreed with as us living in a snowflake society.

I have always enjoyed playing devil's advocate and I can definitely see how that makes me look like an *******, hell maybe it actually does make me *******. That said, I think I am willing to call out either side of the aisle when they say something I disagree with and it's humorous how many here will immediately label someone a liberal at the first sign of dissent.

Comment

Fair enough but regardless of the deity, theology carries much moral fiber. You're aware of what the zealots do to thieves in the middle east I'm sure. Right vs wrong and our innate conscience didn't just pop into thin air. A healthy fear of God keeps man in check.
                          Touche

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                            When it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it most likely eats and socializes with ducks.
                            If you are the rare eagle that walks and talks like a duck then so be it. But why not start acting like an eagle?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of Karens around this fire. Academy sux now and has for a while.

Comment

A healthy fear of God keeps an honest, spiritual man in check. Unfortunately, fearing God doesn’t pay the bills for the people getting looted, stolen from, businesses burned down.

What does it say for the USA when we have situations every single day where wrong is gaining over right? Where thieves are prospering and honest God fearing men are bowing to the likes of evil for fear of reprimand? Where people that protect themselves and theirs are being labeled as racists, bigots, and privileged? Where you have to let a thief walk out the door because you can’t stop them because they won’t be prosecuted? Where certain populations of people think it’s their right to take from people with more?

We have nerfed our society to the point where the standard is set. We have no stopping power anymore because we are afraid of the negative press it would cause.

If we cut the hands off thieves in this country we would be better off. I’m all for brutal consequences for criminal actions, and I always have been. It wouldn’t change how I live one bit if they made theft, arson, child abuse, pedophilia, rape, looting, or some other crimes a hanging offense. Why? Because I was raised right and wouldn’t do those things even if I was guaranteed that I wouldn’t be punished. Unfortunately again, it seems like I’m in the minority these days in that as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X