Hunter Harassment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter Harassment

I can't post too many details because the case against has not been adjudicated yet. The offender was booked last month in our local JP Court.

Our lease has a small three acre lake with the main part of the lake on the property. The creek that feeds it is on the neighbors property.

We occasionally duck hunt the lake late in the season when the ducks show up here in N. Texas. About 8 years ago the old neighbor sold out to a couple from up way up north. They built a fine home and horse barn which is approx. 500 yards from the lake where we hunt.

In 2016, the neighbor came down one morning, while my grandson was duck hunting, and started cussing him out and telling him to quit duck hunting because it was scaring his dog. My grandson was respectful and told him that he was legally hunting and not doing anything wrong.

In 2017 he started in again. He came down several times cussing my grandson saying he was scaring his dogs and horses. My grandson took videos of the neighbor harassing him. He politely asked him to please leave him alone. He called the sheriff and complained that my grandson and buddy were disturbing the peace. The deputy came out and told the neighbor they were doing nothing wrong.

He kept on so the landowner contacted the game warden and asked her to come out and explain the law to the neighbor. The landowner asked that he not be given a ticket. She made contact and warned him against bothering us while hunting. The neighbor called the landowner and asked him to kick us off the lease. He then asked the game warden to make us stop hunting. She explained that we have a constitutional right to hunt in the State of Texas.

My brother and I went out a couple of weeks later to relocate a duck blind so that the back of the blind faced the fence line. He came down yelling at me wanting to come to a compromise. I videoed our exchange and and politely asked him several times to just leave us alone. He kept on about coming to a compromise and meeting on common ground. I finally had enough and told him the compromise was for him to leave us the heck alone and we were going to hunt when we wanted to hunt. He finally left after I told him to take his Yankee a** back to the house.

Fast forward to last August. He started sending me and the landowner several messages asking us to agree to only hunt on certain days and give him a heads up when we were going hunting. We both ignored him.

My grandson only went duck hunting nine times in 2017 and six times in 2018. We noticed he had moved his paddle boat over near the property line in early January. My grandson and his buddy were hunting when he rode his UTV down and launched his paddle boat. He paddled over across the property line and started doing figure eights in front of their decoy spread acting like he was fishing. He never fishes and the wind was blowing hard and the temperature was about 35 degrees.

My grandson videoed the whole incident. My grandson finally had enough, stood up and asked him what he was doing. The neighbor started cussing him out and telling him to quit hunting. The landowner and game warden were called. The neighbor was cited for hunter harassment and is awaiting trial. All our videos were turned over to the game warden.

I'll update when the case is adjudicated.

Good! What a Jerk

Comment

What a horses butt.

Ya'll clearly showed more patients than I would have.

Comment

hope they nail him. aggravating to say the least

Comment

^No kidding. I would've had a hard time not telling him to sh** in his hand from the get-go.

Comment

In for the outcome. What county is this taking place in?

Comment

He is lucky a bunch of ducks didn't land around that paddle boat..
              I hope they throw the book at that fool.....

Comment

Yankees.....an obnoxious bunch for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Get em!

Comment

Awesome. Good for y'all.

Comment

We have the same problem sir but with people riding dirt bikes down the fence line before dark. Hope he gets what he deserves.

Comment

Good job keeping your cool and documenting everything. What a hassle.

Comment

Stick to your guns and don't let the DA settle it at something lower than the max.

-john

Comment

Sounds like you have a great landowner and warden!

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                              Ya'll clearly showed more patients than I would have.
                              wow...that aint no lie!

Comment

Working...
                              X