Where to buy seed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy seed?

Looking to purchase I&C cowpeas and Egyptian wheat to screen my plot for the fall.

Where can I purchase the seed between Allen, TX and Hugo, OK?

Would like to purchase enough for an acre of cowpeas and a little less than half an acre of Egyptian wheat.

Looks like Hancock seed has free shipping and has both in stock. They have 25 pound bag of peas for $45 and a 10 pound bag of EW for $34.

I had purchased seed in the fall from D&L farm in McKinney, but the peas from them are $60 for a 50 pound bag and they can't get EW.

What does everyone recommend?

Thanks!

you might try Turner Seed in Breckenridge Tx. (800.722.8616)

Comment

Thanks, jimned.

TTT

Comment

Turner Seed X 2

Comment

Originally posted by jimned View Post
          you might try Turner Seed in Breckenridge Tx. (800.722.8616)
          X3 I have worked with them in the past and many of my clients have bought seed from them over the years and I have yet to hear a complaint.

Comment

Justin Seed in Justin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The guy at Collin County Feed has always been able to get whatever I needed

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
                I bought IC peas from him last year. Special ordered, but only took a week.

Comment

Maybe MBS Seed in Denton?

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                    I bought IC peas from him last year. Special ordered, but only took a week.
                    If you call him on Monday he can likely have what you need either on that Friday or the following week. Except for jap millet late in the fall, if you go early he will get it for you pretty quick unless his guy he gets it from is out.

Comment

MBS Seed
                      Turner Seed

Go by your local Soil and Water Conservation District, usually in the same office as NRCS. They should be able to order it there and either have it delivered to you or to their office.

Comment

There are a few online companies you can order from as well, if you have to go that route might be worth checking into.

Improve your soil health with a diverse custom cover crop seed mix. SmartMix Calculator, pre-made mixes, food plots, and large seed selection.

I believe el gato is where I read about this site and using its calculator

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have purchased seed from Turner. Should be delivering today.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
                            this is where I go now, in McKinney. I'm shocked that D/L didn't have it, is where I got my plot seed last year.

Comment

turner seed, i just bough my spring mix and it was at my house in 2 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X