Controlling Bermuda??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling Bermuda??

I have a drip septic field at my house that was seeded with bermuda.

My landscaping sod that runs right next to is is Zoysia. is there anything I can spray on the bermuda to keep it from overtaking the zoysia without killing the zoysia. The plan down the road is to kill off the bermuda and sod the rest of the septic field but that option's not in the cards right now.

Careful hand spray roundup

Comment

Start wanting the Bermuda to grow and then it won’t….

But roundup as said above

Comment

An old timer once told me the only way to get rid of Bermuda was to pull it, and pull it, and pull it, until you die. Then just let it go. True story.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
          An old timer once told me the only way to get rid of Bermuda was to pull it, and pull it, and pull it, until you die. Then just let it go. True story.
          This has been my experience minus the death part. Round up will slow it down but you are not stopping it.

Comment

They will coexist just fine. Mine run into each other.

Comment

I don't think Bermuda will overtake zoysia. If the zoysia is healthy and thick it might even take over the Bermuda! When you decide to go all in, you might need to rent a sod cutter to remove it say some prayers!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3936.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	24686353
                This is the stuff you want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                  [ATTACH]1092583[/ATTACH]
                  This is the stuff you want!

Do you have personal experience with this stuff? I found it during my research and was hoping someone here would mention it.

Comment

I have it in the barn but have not found time to apply it yet. It’s the only selective I could find, came recommended by my local golf course.

Comment

Just curious but why no love for the bermuda? We just bought a house that was hydroseeded with bermuda is why I'm wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWidowMaker View Post
                        Just curious but why no love for the bermuda? We just bought a house that was hydroseeded with bermuda is why I'm wondering.

Because we paid a lot of money for zoysia!

Bermuda is a great grass, and the right strains are excellent for a yard. But the stuff we have out here is a little rougher, lots of runner And doesn’t make a nice carpet like we were looking for.

Comment

feed feed feed water water water the one you want and keep. Roundup and pull everything that you do not want. Hard barrier does not work

Bermuda is a pain in the ***** once its there its almost impossible to kill.

Comment

Please, don't put toxic chemicals on your lawn.
                            You can use vinegar, and accomplish the same thing.
                            Look up mixture % and go for it..

Comment

I feel your pain. Yard is bermuda and we have to work like heck to keep it beautiful. Meanwhile in my garden, it is 100% unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                              X