X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Wednesday)

Daily Bible Portion – 4 of 7
    "IN THE WILDERNESS"

(Weekly Reading>>Numbers 1:1-4:20, Hosea 2:1-22, Hebrews 6:20-7:19, Luke 2:1-52)

The physical representation of the tabernacle, the Levitical priesthood and the moral principles that govern the earth in the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy are for the believer's life. The instructions contained in these books teach the walk of redemption and holiness in the Redeemer for the Children of Israel. The Lord declared to believers that if they obeyed Him and the order of His Heavenly Kingdom they would be a royal priesthood and a holy nation.

Exodus 19:5-6 "Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine; and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel."

1 Peter 2:9 "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."

When the Messiah came, the order of Melchizedek was restored. If believers are in Him they are of that 'restored' royal priesthood and holy nation - Israel. Melchizedek is derived from two words: melech meaning king and zedek meaning priest of righteousness. Together they represent the heavenly side and an earthly position. Melchizedek also represents the House of Judah, the kingly side and the House of Israel, the priestly side. When the two houses unite they become the two witnesses of the Messiah in the order of Melchizedek (Ezekiel 37:15-28).

Revelation 1:5-6 "To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests (cohanim) to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen."

Just as Scripture foretold, there has been a mighty thirst in the land, a hunger for His Word. Behold, days are coming, declares Yahweh our Elohim, "When I will send a famine on the land, not a famine for bread or a thirst for water, but rather for hearing the words of Yahweh [the Torah – the true gospel] (Amos 8:11). (Hosea 1:10; Isaiah 66:1-2; Ps. 107:2-3; Luke 13:29)

When believers are filled with Christ's Spirit Life by walking in His directives, heaven will meet with earth. Then believers will find themselves becoming the fulfilled prophecy that the prophets longed to see; a royal priesthood and holy nation. This is not about salvation; it is all about obedience and holiness producing eternal life.

Matthew 6:10 "Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

"The Kingdom of God [supreme Messianic term for the LORD/Yahweh in the flesh, Yeshua] does not come visibly, nor will people say, 'here it is,' or 'there it is,' because the Kingdom of God is within you" (Luke 17:20; Luke 10:24).

The Census

Numbers 1:2-46 "Take a census of all the congregation of the children of Israel, by their families, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, every male individually, from twenty years old and above - all who are able to go to war in Israel. You and Aaron shall number them by their armies. And with you there shall be a man from every tribe, each one the head of his father's house" (Numbers 1:2-4).

Biblically, one's heritage was established through the father's bloodline, not the mother's. On the day of Rosh Chodesh, the New Moon festival, the Lord appointed leaders from the twelve tribes as heads of His army. From Reuben there was Elizur (My God the Rock), from Simeon Shelumiel (God my Salvation), from Gad Eiasaph (My God that Gathers), from Judah Nahshon (The Diviner), from Issachar Nethaneel (God the Giver), from Zebulon Eliab (My God the Father), from Ephraim Elishama (My God the Hearer), from Manasseh Gamaliel (My God the Rewarder), from Benjamin Abidan (My Father is Judge), from Dan Ahiezer (My Brother is Help), from Asher Pagiel (My prayer-God) and from Naphtali Ahira (My Brother is Friend). The total count of Israelites at this time: 603,550.

The Tribe of Levi

Again, the tribe of Levi is singled out to reveal the priestly order and role in the Yahweh's Kingdom.

Numbers 1:47-51 "But the Levites were not numbered among them by their fathers' tribe; for the Lord had spoken to Moses, saying: Only the tribe of Levi you shall not number, nor take a census of them among the children of Israel; but you shall appoint the Levites over the tabernacle of the Testimony, over all its furnishings, and over all things that belong to it; they shall carry the tabernacle and all its furnishings; they shall attend to it and camp around the tabernacle. And when the tabernacle is to go forward, the Levites shall take it down; and when the tabernacle is to be set up, the Levites shall set it up. The outsider who comes near shall be put to death".

The Twelve Tribes Camp Arrangement
    (Numbers 2:3-34)

Yahweh is a God of order. Earlier in the book of Exodus we learned to care for the holy order and set up of the tabernacle. Now we are learning of the holy order of the camp around the tabernacle. Without obedience and holiness (order) there is no camp, no army of the Lord and no taking possession of the land - our inheritance and homeland. Yahweh placed each tribe in strategic positions, each under their own family banner. In this order they not only camped but also traveled.

•East side: The head tribe of Judah, along with the tribes of Issachar and Zebulun (186,400).

•South side: The head tribe of Reuben, with tribes Simeon and Gad (151,450).

•West side: The head tribe of Ephraim, with the tribes of Manasseh and Benjamin (108,100).

•North side: The head tribe of Dan, with the tribes Asher and Naphtali with him (157,600).

The only family allowed to camp in close proximity to the tabernacle/miskan was the three Levite tribes

•East side: Moses and Aaron (Kohath)

•South side: Kohath

•West side: Gershon

•North side: Merari

When camp was called to move out Judah and his companion tribes on the east side led Israel's army. Then the Levitical tribes of Gershon and Merari with two carts carrying the tabernacle framework and coverings joined the procession. Next, Reuben and his companion tribes followed. Then the Kohath Levites who physically carried the tabernacle furnishings on their shoulders. Dan fulfilled the rear guard with Naphtali the last tribe in the sequence.

continues tomorrow...

Thanks for sharing! AMEN!!!

Comment

Working...
    X