Abilene windmills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abilene windmills

Was heading out of Abilene, on the west side there are probably 50 windmills that you can see fom I-20. 70% of them were not turning. There was a crane out there with his boom up. Any idea why those windmills are and turning.

Originally posted by warrington View Post
    Was heading out of Abilene, on the west side there are probably 50 windmills that you can see fom I-20. 70% of them were not turning. There was a crane out there with his boom up. Any idea why those windmills are and turning.
    Broke?

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
      Maybe a new set and they haven’t been commissioned yet? Or it was too windy and they were shut in?

Saw one coming out of Matagorda that had the blades destroyed, guess it got out of control, wish I could have seen it happen.

Comment

Could have been new

They did seem closer to the highway than before.

Didn’t think about that

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
          Maybe a new set and they haven’t been commissioned yet? Or it was too windy and they were shut in?

Saw one coming out of Matagorda that had the blades destroyed, guess it got out of control, wish I could have seen it happen.
          It’s been folded over for weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Button View Post
            It’s been folded over for weeks.
            I saw it two weeks ago coming back from sweating it out on East.

Comment

They have destroyed the views, going up to Lubbock.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                More interesting to look at windmills than cotton fields lol.

Comment

Not that the view was ever as impressive as other places in the country, but I have to agree with this statement.

Comment

No doubt about it
                    Fort Worth area too

Well anywhere they put them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

they can't be added to the grid until they are all done and tied in... from what i was told ... sad to say i'm getting them on my fence line ... thought it for months, but a few landowners caved in to their pressure ... now it's constant traffic coming down my road ... good for local jobs ?... nop .. ALL out of state plates.

the components arrive on ships from china , the italian company Enel makes the profits for building them , then these are added to the power grid at a negative rate ... meaning they have to pay the electric company for them to take in the electricity they produce..

who flips the bill? well since these are government subsidies ... you do!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                        More interesting to look at windmills than cotton fields lol.
                        you should see the blade landfill in sweetwater , it's breathtaking!

Comment

Not a fan !

Comment

As someone who grew up surrounded by trees, and now lives in Houston, I love getting to west texas where the sky goes on forever. It sucks driving up through Amarillo and that sky is dotted by big fans.

OP, if they are new, they just haven't been commissioned. Or the wind isn't blowing. Or, if there is a crane out there, that means they are working on the grid. The wind farm I worked on, the turbines were tied in series, so if they needed to work on one turbine, they would need to stop all turbines in that loop to keep from backfeeding the turbine that needs fixing.

Comment

MRR now that's a funny punny.

Comment

Working...
                              X