Top College Choices!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top College Choices!?

For my daughter at least. She was accepted by every college she applied to, and I thought it was going to be SMU (very scary cause i didn’t want to drop $75k a year). I it was going to be TCU
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BigDraw; 04-10-2020, 04:26 PM.

Kongrats, well done young lady!!! [emoji108] She must get those smarts from her momma.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Texas Tech It is!
      She wants to study Environmental Engineering, and TTU has a freshman to master’s program, which is what she wanted. Plus it saves me a fortune, because she can go to any Texas state college for FREE! :0 Now I can buy a new tundra.
      Words cannot express how proud I am of the exceptional young Lady she has become.
      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats, I got my MS from TTU in '01. My wife also got her BSN from TTU Health Sciences Center. My daughter will be a freshman this fall as well, studying Nutrition with the end goal of becoming a Physician Assistant. Loved my time at Tech. Just curious, what program allows her to attend any State University for free?

Comment

congrats! full ride academics don't come easy. well done.

Comment

If anyone has any advice on TTU or that area, let me know.
            I may need to find a lease in the area. Certainly the wife couldn’t complain if I’m in the area a lot, in case she needs Something right?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
              If anyone has any advice on TTU or that area, let me know.
              I may need to find a lease in the area. Certainly the wife couldn’t complain if I’m in the area a lot, in case she needs Something right?
              BigDraw, PM me with questions and I'd be happy to share any insight I might have. I also went to the academy and worked for LPD before we decided to move back home to the Austin area.

Comment

Just curious, what program allows her to attend any State University for free?[/QUOTE]

She can attend any state college free because I am a Texas military veteran. Texas has a program called the Hazelwood act, that pays for 150 hours tuition.

Comment

Just curious, what program allows her to attend any State University for free?
                  She can attend any state college free because I am a Texas military veteran. Texas has a program called the Hazelwood act, that pays for 150 hours tuition.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, congrats again and thank you for your service!

Comment

If anyone is a Texas vet, I encourage you to google the Hazelwood act, and ask about the Yellow ribbon rider.
                    You can also send me a PM for more info

Comment

Texas Tech It is!
                      She wants to study Environmental Engineering, and TTU has a freshman to master’s program, which is what she wanted. Plus it saves me a fortune, because she can go to any Texas state college for FREE! :0 Now I can buy a new tundra.
                      Words cannot express how proud I am of the exceptional young Lady she has become.
                      Congrats to you both. Guns Up! I would be glad to help with anything you need in Lubbock. I can point you towards reliable people for housing or anything else you would need. If she is planning on working, I would be honored to offer he a position. I am sure we have something that would be a good fit for her once the corona issues are past. Pm me if you have any questions. Pm me and I will also give you my cell number and my wife's number for her to call if something unexpected happens.

Comment

Son went to Angelo State and got his nursing degree. Loved it. Daughter got nursing degree from TTU and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                          Congrats to you both. Guns Up! I would be glad to help with anything you need in Lubbock. I can point you towards reliable people for housing or anything else you would need. If she is planning on working, I would be honored to offer he a position. I am sure we have something that would be a good fit for her once the corona issues are past. Pm me if you have any questions. Pm me and I will also give you my cell number and my wife's number for her to call if something unexpected happens.
                          Very gracious of you!

Congratulations to the young lady!

Comment

My daughter was HS valedictorian and had a free ride to any state school. She chose Baylor and got A LOT of financial help but not free because it was a private school. Son got a football Scolly to SMU and got a full ride, no charge to dad except they exempted his $150ish parking fees per semester and I had to pay that. Dropped him off and he graduated four years to the day. With a Hawaii bowl ring. Daughter graduated in three and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post

Words cannot express how awesome and touching your offer is.
                              As a father, I am excited to see my only child go off to college and fulfill her dreams, but as a father of a wonderful daughter, I cannot articulate the fear I have, of my only child going off to college!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X