Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could pick one high percentage big bass lake in Texas to fish for a week….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd go to Fork with your son for balance between both size and numbers. If you are above average with forward facing sonar and want to focus on specifically catching big ones then OH Ivie.
    Last edited by Rambow; 06-29-2022, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I drove by Fork last week. Lots of boats out there on a Thursday and lots of stumps exposed. From the bridge we were on, it appeared to be really tough to navigate.

My buddy fished Ivie and he said forward facing sonar is a must. Without it, your just wasting your time.

We’ve been on Texoma the last two days and didn’t see anything outstanding.

I’d agree with Smart and head north.

Comment

What Smart said. No way I'd be coming this direction if I was in CO.

Comment

Falcon

Comment

Fork is easier to navigate now with the water low then normal pool, was there for the Skeeter owner tournament and was very nervous before going, but most of the stumps are exposed. The lake fork boat lanes gps chip is a must though, well worth the price

Comment

Hubbard Creek has been very good lately.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                Rayburn is one of the best around for overall quality bass. The top water bite is on fire right now early mornings in the grass. Toledo bend is exceptional also and there 30 mins apart. Get the best of both worlds. Fish each one 2 or 3 days each.
                Am with you on Toledo Bend ... big lake, lots of big fish. Still think I would go to Fork first.

Comment

Smart is on point. Smallies are more fun anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                    Fork is easier to navigate now with the water low then normal pool, was there for the Skeeter owner tournament and was very nervous before going, but most of the stumps are exposed. The lake fork boat lanes gps chip is a must though, well worth the price
                    I was there in March. I realized how lucky I was for many years not to have hit a stump. I was running through stump fields that I never knew were there.

Well... I say never knew, maybe "in denial" is a better description. Lucky for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      I can tell you for a fact not Tbend. Them fish there got me all confused.
                      have you tried the voodoo shrimp in there?

Comment

Lake McConaughy in western nebraska,large and smallmouth bass,lake trout,walleye,stripers,catfish, and a lot closer then texas,they have guides there also.

Comment

falcon

Comment

Why not California?

It’s to hot in Texas to fish . Catching is a lot harder this time of year. You still can catch some but it’s work . Go right before daylight fish tell noon and don’t go back until about 7pm fish into the darkness.

Ivie has the big girls no doubt

But I would probably pick Sam Rayburn for quantity and could catch a couple bigs as well

Amistad is to low

Falcon is to far to low and Hot Hot Hot right now .

If you go to Ivie I would call Brandon Burks Burks fishing are Kyle Hall Kyle Hall fishing. Pay the extra money go out with them a day while your there . They can put you on some fish and definitely can get you a chance at a DD fishing with one if those guys !

Comment

Not sure about fishing, but most of "Africa" has reduced their Covid measures. No reason you can't make it there and back relatively easily. No bass lake can beat being in Africa.

Comment

Here are few from Rayburn just a week or two ago from fathers day weekend. My son took my buddy out bass fishing the lake on top waters and my wife caught hers crappie fishing. There are lots of quality bass in Rayburn. I know of 2/9lbers just caught during practice on the same day.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X