No announcement yet.

TBH Bee Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you tell if a hive is Africanized? Just discovered we have a hive under one of our conex boxes..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Interesting critters t

Comment

anybody sell the wax?

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
            anybody sell the wax?
            How much do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
              How can you tell if a hive is Africanized? Just discovered we have a hive under one of our conex boxes..

If they have a hive in the ground….its highly possible, couple that with grumpy bees, its very possible.

Comment

Haas: where are the bees located?

Comment

Can anybody recommend a class on queen rearing/grafting. I’m wanting to start breeding my own queens.

Comment

Is there any beekeepers on this thread that live in Robertson county? If so please pm me. I’ve been interested in beekeeping for years and would like to apprentice for someone before diving in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                      Is there any beekeepers on this thread that live in Robertson county? If so please pm me. I’ve been interested in beekeeping for years and would like to apprentice for someone before diving in.
                      Sadly true mentors are really hard to find. If your lucky your local bee club has a mentor program. Might start there. Now if you female and somewhat attractive they you’ll have every beekeeper in the country coming to help you. For use old guys YouTube was my biggest help.

Comment

Can’t say I would blame an old worker bee for trying to get some honey outta a young Queen !

Comment

Ok, got a question. I just purchased a Queen a couple of weeks back and is laying eggs. The hive has larvae, but they seem to be making only Drone brood. The hive is full of Drones. Why is the hive making only Drone brood?

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                            Haas: where are the bees located?
                            Jim Wells County, sorry for the VERY delayed response. They are for sure still there as of this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                              Ok, got a question. I just purchased a Queen a couple of weeks back and is laying eggs. The hive has larvae, but they seem to be making only Drone brood. The hive is full of Drones. Why is the hive making only Drone brood?

If you only have drones, you might have a laying worker situation, which means the hive will eventually die. Do you have multiple eggs per cell? Look on YouTube how to fix your issue. Hope this helps.

Comment

Yeah thT may be the issue. Queen has only been in there about 2 weeks. I noticed some new larvae, it was hard for me to see eggs. I saw a few. Eggs are so small.

I also have another hive that has rejected every Queen that has been installed. The count is up to 3.
                                Last edited by lovemylegacy; 06-21-2022, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X