Golf Cart Battereies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf Cart Battereies

OK figured the green screen was the best place.

Where do I start looking for new batteries?

Do you trade in the old ones like a car battery?

i bought my last last set at Sams. Went with Duracells. Cost me $550 for my 36 volt cart. and yes, you have to trade old ones in or pay the core

Comment

They make a huge battery you can put in golf carts that has a lot of power. Kinda pricey but pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trojans or upgrade to lithium.

Comment

My buddy just went to Lithium, 48v was just two batteries, so half the weight, 3x run time, 3500+ life cycles, 0 maintenance and an 8 year warranty. But it cost him $2500

Comment

Trojans. Tried them all. You get what you pay for. Cheap batteries just don’t last.

Comment

I would agree that Trojans are a great battery.

BUT, the last set was US Battery and I did the battery break in and my set lasted for a long time. Correct charging and battery maintenance is the key. Go to buggies gone wild and check out all the threads on batteries. I had the Duracell Sam’s brand the first set on my first cart and they were ok.

Comment

Had Trojans in my cart originally, and replaced with US Batteries. US batteries lasted longer, but can’t go wrong with either. A neighbor of mine has a golf cart business, and he only uses US.

Comment

Recently did the lithium on my 36v TXT. The cost of a Bigbattery.com was around 1,800 plus shipping and the install can be done yourself. I think it's the only way to go. Sold my FLA batteries to a scrap yard for about $60

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                    Recently did the lithium on my 36v TXT. The cost of a Bigbattery.com was around 1,800 plus shipping and the install can be done yourself. I think it's the only way to go. Sold my FLA batteries to a scrap yard for about $60

Is it worth the cost? Does that include a charger? How long do lithium batteries last versus fla ?

Comment

I’ve got Relion Lithium Ion 48-v 4 x 12-v

Comment

My last set came from Sams

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Biggun View Post
                          Is it worth the cost? Does that include a charger? How long do lithium batteries last versus fla ?

That does include the charger. depending on which FLA the Lithium lasts about double. The biggest benefit is performance and part of that is due to shaving 100+ pounds off the cart over fla.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                            What kit did you buy?

I have a 48V ezgo just trying to figure out the options

I have trojan now. They are 6 years old and just not holding a charge like they once did. I keep them filled up and charged.

5 years seems about average for wet cell batteries.

I have it at my bay house. I am not sure the cost benefit of 5 more years or 10 years with LI or 5 years sell it and buy a new one with LI in it.

Comment

I have been looking at Dakota Lithium Batteries.
                              Half the weight, twice the power, 5X the lifespan of traditional batteries. Best in class 11 year warranty. Deep cycle, marine, golf cart, automotive, car, and dual purpose LiFePO4 batteries. Plus 12 volt, 24 volt, 36 volt, and 48 volt lithium batteries for trolling motors, RVs, motorhomes, off-grid solar, campers, fish finders, and solar panels.

Comment

Working...
                              X