Hunting around Lubbock???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the pig population in the area? Also, are there any good outfitters in the area that folks recommend?

Blackfoot outfitters from Lubbock
    Tule Creek outfitters in Tulia, Dane is a friend of mine.

I hunted in Matador/Paducah area for a long time, was tons of pigs and good deer. When I was in college, we would drive around and ask farmers to hunt dove/ducks and had a great success getting allowed. It’s a hunters paradise up there and I miss it. Lake Allen Henry for fishing, western counties for some pretty good Mulies.

Congrats to your daughter, I would not have been able to picture myself going to school anywhere else. It was a great time and experience.

Comment

Crooked wing outfitters
      Lubbock has plenty of hunting opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post

I hunted in Matador/Paducah area for a long time, was tons of pigs and good deer. When I was in college, we would drive around and ask farmers to hunt dove/ducks and had a great success getting allowed. It’s a hunters paradise up there and I miss it. Lake Allen Henry for fishing, western counties for some pretty good Mulies.

Congrats to your daughter, I would not have been able to picture myself going to school anywhere else. It was a great time and experience.
        Call Dane he will take care of you. He is on a deer lease with me. Great guy.

Unfortunately the days of drive around permission are mostly over. Lots of outfitters running hunts here for everything from prairie dogs to hogs to geese and cranes. This and google maps have changed the hunting landscape significantly.

Comment

Jeremy Simpson runs High Plains Hunts around Memphis. He lives in Lubbock, and hunts all around Memphis and Estelline. He can put you on a few hundred hogs per night if stacking them is your thing.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
            I am hoping the wife will let me buy some land somewhere between Abilene and Lubbock

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post

I just leased a place 10 miles north of matador never hunted the area do not sure what to expect but excited nothing less

Comment

Good luck brother

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                  Thanks for the advice.
                  I am hoping the wife will let me buy some land somewhere between Abilene and Lubbock
                  I’ve killed lots of hogs between Post and Snyder. They’re thick out there for sure. **** good deer hunting as well, but that doesn’t interest me.

Comment

Got a friend with land just outside of Post, I will see what they have going on.

Comment

I live in Lubbock and hunt around Lamesa and also around Sweetwater/Roscoe area. Some areas are a little spotted, but there is a lot of good hunting around. Tons of pigs and some good deer as well. Also lots of geese and sandhill crane. There are even free-range aoudad in many places around the cap.

We all need to setup a TBH meetup in Lubbock some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X