Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried something new today

Lion’s Mane mushroom

Grant brought me a chunk off of one he found in the woods that he said was big as a basketball

Wife had browned some hamburger so I dropped a couple pats of butter in the skillet and sprinkled on a little salt and pepper

Turned out pretty good

Ate it at lunch, not dead and no side effects that I can tell [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was found in the woods close to where you live?

Comment

I don’t think there are any adverse side effects to eating them. How’s it taste? Like sh*t?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
        It was found in the woods close to where you live?
        That is what he told me, growing on a tree

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
        I don’t think there are any adverse side effects to eating them. How’s it taste? Like sh*t?

It was not bad at all, actually pretty good. Not as "mushroomy" as other mushrooms you buy in the store

Comment

Looks good I would’ve tried it.

Comment

I'm curious as to how it would taste. I'm not much of a mushroom fan.

It's supposed to be very good for you. Lots of folks supplement with dried, ground lion's mane in capsules.

Lion’s mane mushrooms may offer some health benefits, such as reducing inflammation, boosting immune function, and improving cognitive health. People can cook with the mushrooms or take supplements. There are no known side effects, and they should be safe for most people to eat in moderation. Learn more here.

Comment

I tried it, not bad. Just not earthy tasting, more mild. I did it with onion, bacon grease, salt and pepper also.
              Attached Files

Comment

If you want earthy tasting just eat some dirt. Lol

Comment

Awesome find! I want to try that!

I've been taking the mycelium powder as a supplement for about a week, we'll see if it works.

Comment

I'm going to dehydrate some this week. If it works, I'll send you some Jspradley .

Comment

Interesting. Not sure I would be brave enough

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Lion’s Mane mushroom

Turned out pretty good
                        very nice find

Friend of mine is a full-time commercial mushroom farmer and supplies restaurants all over the State with exotic fungi. He's doing very well for himself since he's the only supplier in CENLA. Mushrooms are grown in a temperature/humidity/light controlled indoor environment. Any type of contamination can ruin the entire production. Everything has to be sterile and generators protect against loss of electricity.

Comment

Pretty cool. Lions Mane is supposed to be good for the brain...quite a lot of research into its ability to delay or halt progression in certain neurological diseases like Alzheimer's.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                            Pretty cool. Lions Mane is supposed to be good for the brain...quite a lot of research into its ability to delay or halt progression in certain neurological diseases like Alzheimer's.
                            I need a 55 gallon drum of it then....

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                              very nice find

Friend of mine is a full-time commercial mushroom farmer and supplies restaurants all over the State with exotic fungi. He's doing very well for himself since he's the only supplier in CENLA. Mushrooms are grown in a temperature/humidity/light controlled indoor environment. Any type of contamination can ruin the entire production. Everything has to be sterile and generators protect against loss of electricity.

I would try some of those
                              The yellow and blue ones I would be suspect of unless I knew whoever was offering them was educated about the ones you can and cannot eat

Comment

Working...
                              X