Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New "real Id" and federal hunts ???

searched and did not see a thread...

I got a drivers license renewal notice...2 years in advance because of the new federal law in October 2020.
    From what I am reading, you have to have a "real Id" that has a gold star or something on your license(ID) in order to utilize federal stuff...like airports etc.
    I think the requirements for identification are stricter.

Also, does this apply to the federal hunts like Laguna Atascosa and Hagerman?

Anyone know the skinny on this?

Dont know about the ramifications on federal hunts or lands...to early to know where this BS is going. I can tell you that this is some serious over reach by our government. Stranger days are headed our way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got that same notice but haven't done anything yet.

Comment

My understanding this gold star is for Home Land Security purposes. I have not changed mine yet and not sure how long I've got to change mine. Figure I'll wait till my liscence expires. Maybe I'm wrong but my opinion I'm legal till it expires.

Comment

You also have to get a chip in your right hand, it's in the pen you sign with, won't feel a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
            You also have to get a chip in your right hand, it's in the pen you sign with, won't feel a thing.
            What if you're left handed? I have a roll of tin foil if anyone needs some.

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
              My understanding this gold star is for Home Land Security purposes. I have not changed mine yet and not sure how long I've got to change mine. Figure I'll wait till my liscence expires. Maybe I'm wrong but my opinion I'm legal till it expires.
              Don't think so. Mine is good till 10-2021, but the notice says that effective 10-2020 you have to have the gold star ID to get into airports etc...

wondering if federal hunting areas will be forced to adhere to it.

Comment

I did mine two years early just because of flights, just did it by mail no big deal

Comment

they said I was not eligible to do it online...wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                    they said I was not eligible to do it online...wonder why
                    They may know you better than some of us do.

Comment

Check your drivers license, it may already have the gold star, mine does and I didn't do anything special to get it.

Comment

There are only a few states that didn’t upgrade to this system years ago. Now citizens in some states are having to update their ID earlier than scheduled. It’s only necessary if you’re going to fly or access certain federally controlled facilities. If you have a current passport or passport ID card you can just use that. No need for the tin hats. It’s just an upgrade to make counterfeiting ID’s more difficult - a good idea in the world we live in these days and our porous border down here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just carry your passport when you fly until you upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                            They may know you better than some of us do.
                            hmmm, you may be right. There was this time when...

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Just carry your passport when you fly until you upgrade
                            ain't got a passport, maybe ought to get one though.

Comment

I doubt I'll get to do mine online next year too only because it's been so long since my last visit / updated pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X