Another pellet grill thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did not want to hijack the other thread, I went and looked at the Yoder pellet grill today, wow, that thing is built like a tank, was very impressed with all aspects of it, anyone on here have one beside Coonazz ? I have a buddy that uses a high dollar pellet grill made in Oklahoma, it is only good for smoking, the ribs he makes on it are to die for. I think I am going to pull the trigger on the competition Yoder unless someone talks me out of it.

yoder, rectec or pitts and spits, don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Yoder looks more traditional, plus they just released their new model. I think the pitts& spits are little more heavy duty though. Yoder does have the paint issue. for any of them of them if you want more smoke get the smoke tubes. facebook has groups for each one, good way to get info on them.

Comment

I just bought a RecTec Stampede. I went this route because of their new controller, customer service and above all - they're made if stainless steel. Got so tired of buying a new grill only for the paint to rust through in 2 months.

So far I'm very happy. You get a lot for your money.

Comment

What ever you do, don’t post pics of the stuff you cooked in it.

Comment

Bob will be by in a minute too tell you how stupid we all are with pellet grills. Give it time. Might be to late for him. By the way don't pay any attention to him. He is an expert on everything having to do with brisket and UT football!@
          Last edited by doghouse; 07-25-2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I have a Yoder 640, but just the regular cart. When I bought mine there was no difference besides the cart. Get the sear plates and the diffuser with the door. I cook/sear on it more than smoke. It’s a great combo with the ability to cook steaks, burgers, fajitas etc on it.

Comment

I’ve had a Yoder 640 since 2014 and use it probably 2 times a week, they’re legit. My advice, make sure you get a comp cart and grill grates. If you’re gonna keep it outside get a cover. Good luck and if you try meatloaf in it you’ll never cook it in the oven again [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                I’ve had a Yoder 640 since 2014 and use it probably 2 times a week, they’re legit. My advice, make sure you get a comp cart and grill grates. If you’re gonna keep it outside get a cover. Good luck and if you try meatloaf in it you’ll never cook it in the oven again [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Pretty sure that is exactly what I am going to get, also I will roll it under the patio when not in use.

Comment

Returned a Rec-Tec. Great customer service addressing my concerns. Given my budget, went with Grilla. Couldn’t be more pleased. Great customer service. The auger tube works better with the smaller diameter pellets from lumberjack or Grilla branded of trying to reach temps over 350 for baking/convection oven type grilling.

Comment

Yoder 640 here. Paint on it sucks and itll rust, but its super easy to touch up. ONLY get the stainless shelves... those round bar ones rust up. They **** me off something fierce. I need to get them powder coated or something, but am not sure that itll be durable enough to be using them as shelves as they are intended.

Comment

I had a RecTec 680 that I lost to Harvey but it was great the year and half I had it and the customer service was great as previously stated. I was hoping they would give me a discount so I could replace with another RecTec but no such luck. I spent a lot of time researching and decided to go with a local company and went with the Pitts & Spitts Maverick 1250. The quality of this thing is very impressive and the steel is much thicker that the RecTec.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by aggieland; 09-02-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I have a GMG Daniel Boone, and for the money, I am not sure you can beat it. I looked hard at the Pitts and similar, just couldn’t justify the +$2K spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          I have a GMG Daniel Boone, and for the money, I am not sure you can beat it. I looked hard at the Pitts and similar, just couldn’t justify the +$2K spend.
                          They had the model I wanted on sale for $200 off so I pulled the trigger.

Comment

Liquid Smoke and your oven will do the same thing.....you won't even have to train the wife to run it

Comment

I have one and I love it! Have had it 3 years I think and use it more than the oven. I do not have he competition cart but only move it a couple of feet to stick the smoke stack out from under my patio awning. In my opinion I would rather have grill grates, a half upper rack and the two piece diffuser plate but if you can swing those plus the competition rack I would say go for it!

Best price I found after shopping around a lot was Everything BBQ in Kansas and they had a deal going on where I got a bunch of pellets for free. It came via Fed Ex on a pallet.

Comment

Working...
                              X