• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more woody harrelson news

The Honorable Greg Abbott
    Governor of Texas

Dear Gov. Abbott,

I have a lot of pride in my home state and the compassionate, independent spirit of my fellow Texans. That's why I was shocked to learn about the cruelty that pigs are subjected to at something called the "Bacon Bash" held near Bandera.

At this year's event in March, which eyewitnesses recorded, screaming, frightened pigs were chased around an arena. They were grabbed by their ears, tails, and snouts and hauled by their legs while their faces were dragged through the sand and they desperately tried to escape. Participants tackled pigs, jumped on them, and hit them, and event staff kicked them in the head.

This violent spectacle encourages children and adults alike to scare, injure, and torment animals for entertainment. The world doesn't need more bullies. Texas law prohibits inflicting unnecessary and unjustified pain and suffering on animals, so I implore you to make sure that the law is upheld here-and to issue an executive order banning this event.

Thank you for your attention to this crucial matter.

Sincerely,

Woody Harrelson

Dang, I need to go next year, sounds exciting. Thanks for the PSA, Woody.

Comment

Yawn.

Comment

So , It's ok for your Dad to be a Hit man and kill a federal judge and possibly JFK but it's not OK to chase a pig around and not really hurt it . LOL !

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
          So , It's ok for your Dad to be a Hit man and kill a federal judge and possibly JFK but it's not OK to chase a pig around and not really hurt it . LOL !
          Oh, but he said his dad was innocent....

Comment

He’s entitled to his opinion. Me, I like the sound of a pig squealing when you hit em with an arrow. Guess me and Woody can’t be friends.

Comment

You don’t have to be nuts to be a good actor.....but it helps

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                You don’t have to be nuts to be a good actor.....but it helps
                For the win ^^^^

Comment

he's got a point

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                    he's got a point

Yep. If what he's saying is true. I've never heard of it.

Comment

Ol Woody sure don't know a lot about pigs. Pig squeal. A LOT! That's what pigs do. For no reason at all. They squeal in delight, or just to hear their head rattle. They are much like AOC, Pelosi and Mad Maxine only prettier.

Comment

we went to the event this year, my 5 yr old and 2 old had a blast. not nearly the nightmarish childhood ruining type of event that it seems to be being painted as. Its not much different than a calf scramble they just happen to use pigs!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HiblerZXT35 View Post
                          we went to the event this year, my 5 yr old and 2 old had a blast. not nearly the nightmarish childhood ruining type of event that it seems to be being painted as. Its not much different than a calf scramble they just happen to use pigs!

Lol. Looks like fun

Comment

I keep hoping that the zombies get him in the Zombieland sequel.

Comment

Pretty hypocritical considering some of the movies he's made. Add another to the do not watch list.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X