Who Here Thinks TPWD Should be Required to Back up Their Claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmac View Post
    Hamburger not even close. I don’t pay for a lease since I hunt on friends land but a deer is more expensive then filet mignon there. Add a $2k lease and you can buy a few cows. Even on public land by the time you drive, scout and finally get one you spent a bunch. The way leases have priced the market, few people truly hunt to feed a family as it’s not economical if you do it legally (east Texas doesn’t count).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I’m not buying the “feed my family” part of the argument against AR’s. If you want meat shoot a doe. If you only have bucks and no does to shoot, one of them will be 13”+.

Comment

I knew I'd get folks going. Told my partner HERE at work to watch the replies to this. You hunt what you want and I'll hunt what I want and we'll all be happy. LOLOLOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
        I knew I'd get folks going. Told my partner HERE at work to watch the replies to this. You hunt what you want and I'll hunt what I want and we'll all be happy. LOLOLOLOL
        Oh man you got us good

Comment

Sorry folks. My first and last time just stirring the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
            Sorry folks. My first and last time just stirring the pot.
            I figured you just liked your kissing partners on the younger side vs older

Comment

The spots give you a good spot to zero in on. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                It's ok to shoot spikes. It's ok to shoot any deer you wish.

If I hunted per TBH'ers posts lets see..

I could not shoot spikes (unless the rare 3-4+ yo spike came out)
                I could not shoot high rack non typical because they will score the highest if you give them a few more years.
                I could not shoot main frame 8's or 10's because they must be left to do the breeding.
                I could not shoot any 1-4 yo buck because they will become the nice main frame 8 or 10 pointer

I should not shoot does before the rut to keep the bucks around
                I should not shoot does after the rut because they are carrying a baby.

Did I miss anything?

You missed the fact that Epstein didn’t kill himself

Comment

You ****** off about the alligator gar, flounder on antler regulations?

Comment

I have multiple friends that work for the TPWD but I still hate them and think they do a crappy job. AR is fine in east Texas but they implemented it in my county even after having a one buck rule for 7 years. Williamson co. is the fastest growing in the nation, growth equates to habitat loss, so we are losing land for the deer faster than any where in the country and they put restrictions on deer harvest? We need to be killing more deer of both sexes. If AR is so good for hill country deer than it should be good for the whole state.

Then there is the whole spike thing where some of the learned biologists in the world say it's not true but TPWD stays with it.

They stocked small mouth bass in multiple rivers in central Texas in the last several years and did it with out checking to see about cross breeding. Because of it the native Guadalupe bass, state fish, is almost no existence in several rivers. Now they are restocking the rivers with Guadalupe bass at our expense.

So I have no doubt that they know nothing about the gar, it's really just a show of their ability to control people.

Comment

Who Here Thinks TPWD Should be Required to Back up Their Claims

I’ve been watching this deer for years and couldn’t take him because of antler restrictions.

Last year.

I passed him last year thinking he would be a double drop this year. This deer may be the oldest deer I’ve ever had a history with being at least 7.5 this year but maybe 8.5.

Last edited by Black Ice; 12-09-2019, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

I’ve been watching this deer for years and couldn’t take him because of antler restrictions.

Last year.

I passed him last year thinking he would be a double drop this year. This deer may be the oldest deer I’ve ever had a history with being at least 7.5 this year but maybe 8.5.

Should have shot him last year. This isn't an example of where AR fails, he could have been shot legally already.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                          Those who are crying about AR weren't around b4 AR were the law. I remember going all season and not seeing a buck. Not 1 buck! If you saw a deer with horns, you better shoot it, because u wouldn't see another one! AR are a good thing!
                          Absolutely... Implementing AR's is one of the best things TPWD ever did. Is it perfect no. But for the counties that have them buck populations are leaps and bounds above where they were without them..

TPWD needs to address the redfish situation.. There are too many redfish, eating machines, and this is affecting other species.. The flounder decline is because the over population of redfish are eating millions of baby flounder.. Same goes for the blue crab population, that TWPD now realizes is in critical state, the redfish are eating them.. I can't remember the last time I saw a baby blue crab, swimming on the surface, while I'm wade fishing.. Back in the day we would see many of them a day.. Not anymore..

Comment

I always wonder why they ask for our comments when they don't plan on using them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                              I always wonder why they ask for our comments when they don't plan on using them anyway.
                              Pretty much what I was getting at in my post. They decide on changes that fit what they like. AR restrictions, gar rules, tracking dog rules for East Texas, flounder rules, etc and could care less what anyone else thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                                They absolutely do use them.

Comment

Working...
                                X