Employer inquiring about chl in a round about way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employer inquiring about chl in a round about way

Let me start off with I work in a small firm that generally pro-individual rights. I don’t think there was any malice intended in the question.

Office manager asked about creating a team of “responders” for crisis situations and asked for “qualified” team members to participate. Qualified was defined as CPR certified and/or CHL. If I’m not mistaken, I’m not required to divulge my CHL status, and I don’t think they can ask about it?

I personally wouldn't volunteer for it. Being in the right place at the right time to do good is one thing. Telling a bunch of people you work with that you're their "good guy with a gun".... well... I know for sure that wouldn't go over well at my employer...

Fortunately for me, I work from home....

Comment

Best concealed gun is one the nobody knows you have- Many of these workplace shootings involve a co worker. Why put a bullseye on yourself for the first round?

Comment

^^^^Those dudes put it nicely.

Comment

Oh I agree. I responded with “I know cpr, but no longer certified, but I’d be willing to respond if needed. Just ignored the chl part altogether

Comment

Good points made here.

Comment

1st rule of fight club

Comment

Never show your hand first

Just stick to giving Bob mouth to mouth when he goes unconscious.

Comment

Does your employer currently allow employee's with a CHL to carry while on the job now?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntsman27 View Post
                    Does your employer currently allow employee's with a CHL to carry while on the job now?
                    This is what I'd be concerned about, first and foremost.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntsman27 View Post
                      I’ve been here for 3 years and it’s never been addressed. It is not even mentioned in our employee handbook

Comment

Originally posted by Pilgrim View Post
                        1st rule of fight club
                        yep...

Comment

We have a sign. “Carrying of licensed firearms is encouraged, accurate shooting is expected”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know an Assistant DA very well and he also is a LTC instructor. He told me that it's not illegal for an employer to ask but the answer is always "no".

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Never show your hand first

Just stick to giving Bob mouth to mouth when he goes unconscious.
                              Dude that was funny rite der!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X