Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone shocked when someone can't gut a deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I skin and gut the whole deer, it only takes 15 minutes

Comment

Got to start somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Japeatr View Post
        I skin and gut the whole deer, it only takes 15 minutes
        I agree it doesn't take much time. Just curious, do you take more than backstraps, tenders, quarters, and neck meat?

Comment

On our lease we are required to get a Gross and Net weight. So now I have to gut them. I didn't before. It's not really that big of a deal unless its a gut shot deer.

Comment

I take everything, except organs. although I want to try cooking a heart on my next deer

Comment

If you've never done it or never been shown you gotta learn somewhere. As for not being able to stomach it then maybe they need to be a vegetarian, it's food to me once it's dead

Comment

When i first started out hunting, I gutted everyone in our hunting party's deer. It was 12 one season. They were all my dad's friends so I did it more for him than anything I guess. I gut one a year now and when my boy starts in a few years I should be down to 0 a year!

Comment

I have an extremely weak stomach. I hate to gut a deer but I do it. Guess that makes me a pansy to some. Oh well.

Comment

When I started hunting I was given 1 courtesy gut.

I can do it now it 15 minutes.

I started at my friends place and they were required to list the weight

Comment

I never quarter them up right away. I let them hang over night. It only takes a couple of minutes to gut a deer so its no big deal to me. To each his own.

Comment

Yep, only a few minutes to gut.....I do this to make it easier to move out of the woods plus bending over for a long time jacks with my back. Start to finish is usually under 30 minutes for getting it in the ice box anyways......

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                          I agree it doesn't take much time. Just curious, do you take more than backstraps, tenders, quarters, and neck meat?
                          I love the neck meat. Cook it up in the crock pot.

Comment

Where can I find this info on NOT having to gut the deer?

Comment

Skin them whole, quarter out, then toss the carcass.
                              I also like to see hoof weight rather than field dressed weight for records and such.

Comment

Originally posted by westexasagent View Post
                                Where can I find this info on NOT having to gut the deer?
                                Hang the deer, skin the deer, cut the straps out, front shoulders off, cut the neck meat off if you keep it. Cut a hole in the meat where the tenderloins areand reach in and get them. Cut the spine and let the carcass with guts still inside fall to the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X