Velvet Injury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Velvet Injury?

We are thinking this deformation is due to a velvet injury and are giving him a pass this season. Hopefully the neighbors do not kill him.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Could be, worth a pass IMO.

Comment

I would bet so.

Comment

Pics from last season by chance?

Comment

I am sure I am in the minority but I think he is cooler looking like that than if his left side matched his right side! I know he won’t score that high but it is unique and cool looking to me.

Jason

Comment

We took his twin brother out
            Attached Files

Comment

A lot of times there will be an injury on the opposite side of the weird antler.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                Pics from last season by chance?
                No, he is either a new buck to this property or is so different from last year that we can't make the connection

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                A lot of times there will be an injury on the opposite side of the weird antler.
                That's possible, but if that is the case there isn't any obvious sign of injury so hopefully he recovered and grows back normal next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                  I am sure I am in the minority but I think he is cooler looking like that than if his left side matched his right side! I know he won’t score that high but it is unique and cool looking to me.

Jason

I’m in that minority also……cool looking deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You’d be shocked by the amount of injuries that happen to bucks in velvet. Many “cull” bucks have been killed in error as a result. Let him roll till next year.
                    Last edited by LHPanther; 11-21-2021, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X