Wear your sunscreen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wear your sunscreen!

It's never to late to get skin cancer. Even in the winter, you skin can get damaged. Most of mine was probably done when I was in my 30s and 40s. It can come back and bite you, LITERALLY!

This next one is gonna be unpleasant for a little while. It popped up rather quick for a basal cell. And has been growing faster than norm.

Going this coming Wednesday to get it removed. First signs were back in July/Aug. Did the biopsy 3 weeks ago. And saw the doctor who's going to do it Friday. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211121_081625.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	24669558

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

This is the second one. Had the first removed in 2010 by a different doc. Had the incision site swell over the stitches. Then they had to cut the stitches out. That hurt more than the surgery because of the swelling and tenderness of the site. Got a few small scars from cutting them out that can be seen in the first pic. First pic is of the scar tissue left. Second is of the swelled over stitches before removed. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211121_082311.jpg
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	24669559Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00021.jpg
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	24669560

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-21-2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Prayers up that it all goes well and that all of the bad cells are removed.

Great message to share! hopefully parents teach their kiddos early on about the damage sun exposure can inflict on the human skin. I am a big believer that a lot of the issues that manifest later on in life are caused by the abuse we inflict on our bodies early on in life.

Comment

I agree 100% Pedernal. And thanks for the Prayers. I used to be "Bullet Proof" when I was in my 30s and 40s, much less my 20s.

Comment

Dang Michael, that looks painful

Unfortunately, most of us did things 20-30 years ago that we had no concern about what would result in time.
            Now we just have to make sure that any irregularity is addressed ASAP in case it is something serious

Hopefully the younger TBH crowd sees this and takes note

Comment

Oh man. I know your pain.

BTDT x 3

Comment

Good heads up. I work outside and I try to remember to wear mine, especially on face and ears.

Hope they get you fixed up.

Comment

I feel your pain, or I will come Wednesday. That’s when I get one gouged out of my lip. It ain’t my first rodeo as I’ve had several cut out from my neck, face, and arms, but this is the first one on my lip. It hurts just thinking about it.

Comment

Shoot I hear this. Melanoma runs rampant in my family. I'm only 28 and already get checks yearly. My oldest brother got it at 32 behind his ear luckily they were able to remove it all. My ex wife's brother had it but didn't get it checked out early enough and it ended up taking his life.

If you have any family history of skin cancer or any kind of cancer really best to start getting checked asap. Both of my parents and already mentioned oldest brother have had it. I'm assuming myself and the middle brother aren't far behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      I feel your pain, or I will come Wednesday. That’s when I get one gouged out of my lip. It ain’t my first rodeo as I’ve had several cut out from my neck, face, and arms, but this is the first one on my lip. It hurts just thinking about it.

Well, it's confirmed! We must be brothers, cause mine is Wednesday also.

My Dad lost 25% of his nose from 2 surgeries. Also the top of his ear, part of his upper lip, and part of his lower lip.

Comment

24 Years USAF Flightline Texas, Guam and Hawaii. Lots of Sun and it was a time when Sunscreen wasn’t even a though. I have had my face all carved up.

Now after 10% SC from the VA I get Sunscreen sent to my door every month.
                        Use it after shaving everyday.

Comment

I don't wear short sleeve shirts outside for the last 8-years. ALWAYS wear a 3" brimmed hat, no ball caps. And, frequently have "neck shade" on the hat. And, frequently have on glove, even in the summer.

May not be too stylish, but cutting off cancers will get your attention.

Comment

Had a biopsy and it turned out to be Squamous Cell Carcinoma on top of right ear. About 1/4" long. Was told it is very common.
                            Having it trimmed away in the morning.
                            Can be a 4 hour procedure as they'll be trimming layers away, test and trim until it's clear of cancer if I'm lucky.
                            This waited until I turned 72 to show up. Ball caps don't work well.
                            Surgeon is an absolute 10.
                            Procedure is called MOHS.
                            Last edited by Bluesman; 11-21-2021, 10:59 AM.

Comment

My contribution…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X