Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kicked out of the playoffs for being "too good"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another entry in the file marked "parents screwing up youth sports"

A football team of 7-year-olds and 8-year-olds with a perfect record was kicked out of the playoffs for being “too good,” league officials said.

Idiots.

Ain't Dale up in Keller? These your peeps, Dale?

Comment

I can see their wanting to protect their own but the second they allowed a team from outside their organization to join up that ship sailed. They are part of the Keller org and if the parents get pizzed (which they shouldn’t) it should be at the board for allowing a “select” team to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, that is the definition of a full on sore arse loser! hope that coaches team loses their first game

Comment

As someone who has coached a lot of years on youth football and basketball, having a select level team completing at a regular city level skillset is dejecting for kids. They lose interest fast and don't want to play from receiving a beat down.

Comment

Complete BS

There are winners and losers in life. Unfortunately a lot of people in today’s society don’t know how to lose and we are seeing the results in many adults nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
              As someone who has coached a lot of years on youth football and basketball, having a select level team completing at a regular city level skillset is dejecting for kids. They lose interest fast and don't want to play from receiving a beat down.
              Did you read the article? The FM coach says only 7 of her kids had ever played before.

Comment

Oh my word..........that old boy from Keller must be taking some unbelievable heat from his wife!!!!!! "They are too good, I admit it" "My team only got one first down, and we are good".............What???

Surely this old boy went back and reviewed this interview and thought, I sound like a spoiled dork!

Flower Mound coach says " only 7 of my kids had ever played contact football before this season" .... So she "SELECTED" kids, she did not put together a "select group of polished (7 & 8 year olds) football players.

Rwc
                Last edited by Rwc; 11-19-2021, 10:14 AM.

Comment

You let them in, you need to let them finish. Just don’t allow them in your league the next season. Hopefully they win their last regular season game 100-0. Run it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by MBV77; 11-19-2021, 10:17 AM.

Comment

That is just sad...

Comment

The wussification of America continues. This is why some kids are softer than puppy **** in the rain.

Comment

"Taylor also is a coach and a father. His team lost to the Rebels 33-0 this season.

"My team got one first down all game,” Taylor said. “And my team is good."

LOL, I don't think ole coach knows the definition of good. Maybe it's time to hang it up

Comment

it sounds like they didnt have much of a choice but i would have been ****** as a parent of a rebels kid once i figured out we joined a league that we were going to dominate like that.

Comment

Looks like a select team dominated in a rec league. They never should have been let in to begin with.

Comment

Sounds like that lady can coach em up. Maybe she should give that guy some lessons on how to teach his team to actually be good, because his definition of "good" is **** poor.

Their defense seems pretty stout, maybe she can come be an analyst for my longhorns, God knows they need all the help they can get.

Comment

Working...
                              X