Vet Recommendation - Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vet Recommendation - Houston

Hey guys, my wife and I recently moved to the west side of Houston (I10 & Kirkwood) and are in search of a new vet. I have a black lab that hunts quite a bit during season and a boxer. We have been going to the same vet for a few years inside the loop, and every year it seems like they are hiking up prices and are unwilling to work with us on prescription costs or send scripts to places like Chewy.

We are looking for an old school vet. Someone who's going to take care of our dogs without taking us to the cleaners every time. There's not too many old school vets left out there, but hoping this crowd can steer me in the right direction. We're willing to drive within reasonable distance but given Houston traffic would prefer to stay on the west side.

Any help is much appreciated. Would love to find a vet on our side of town that's a member here.

Thanks
    -Clay

I’d go to dr Moore at Foster creek vet in Richmond. We used to live next to there and always appreciated his logical and old school thought.
    Vets have always been a sore point for me- most are just trying to rack up services but dr Moore treated us right.
    We moved a year ago and have a new vet but already unhappy. For once a year, I’m considering driving the 1.5 hr back to Foster creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agvet2004, Dr. Mike Seeley, had an office in that area the last time I spoke to him. May look him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        Agvet2004, Dr. Mike Seeley, had an office in that area the last time I spoke to him. May look him up.
        Beat me too it! [emoji106]
        Small animal vets are under every rock in the suburbs. As noted, it can be quite precarious.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dr Rodney Anderson at Greatwood Veterinary Hospital in Richmond.

Comment

Another recommendation for Dr. Mike Seely in Katy... He's a TBH'er (Agvet2004). He's good people, and has helped more than one of us in emergency situations.

Comment

We use dr Sam Miller at Village Vet on Gaylord near Goode company bbq. Used him for 15 years
              Good people

I live right down the road from you near dairy ashford
              Last edited by Dave W; 11-11-2021, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                We use dr Sam Miller at Village Vet on Gaylord near Goode company bbq. Used him for 15 years
                Good people

I live right down the road from you near dairy ashford
                I have also been to see Dr. Miller and Dr. Seth Landry there at Village Vet. They are good folks.

Comment

I've used Dr. Hogge in Sugar Land for over 20 yrs after a few previous bad experiences.
                  Right at S59 and Hwy6.
                  He's a hunter and fisherman too.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    I have also been to see Dr. Miller and Dr. Seth Landry there at Village Vet. They are good folks.

^^^one more vote here for Dr. Sam Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

Jam up guy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                        I've used Dr. Hogge in Sugar Land for over 20 yrs after a few previous bad experiences.
                        Right at S59 and Hwy6.
                        He's a hunter and fisherman too.
                        Spelling error.

Dr. Rogge in Sugar Land.

Comment

Working...
                        X