Breck's 2021 Bosque County Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breck's 2021 Bosque County Buck

Bosque River Grounds produced another P&Y Sunday morning, and the 17 year old boy was all smiles!

Opening week Tuesday afternoon found me sitting in my favorite Elm tree with a slight NW breeze. With about 20 minutes of shooting light left I caught a glimpse of a mature heavy racked buck on the lower end of the river plot. All I could make out was big bodied and solid heavy tall rack.

Fast forward to this past Saturday morning; I eased off down into the river bottom to glass the plot in an effort to have some Intel for Brecks afternoon sit. By 7:15 a.m. the lower plot was full of deer and I was having trouble keeping up with them. Around 7:40 I catch movement coming from the river and get my first good look at an 8 point we all thought was dead.

You see, 3 years ago this buck lived on my plots and feeders up until late December 2018 when he somehow broke his lower right leg. He vanished after wards and for all practical purposes, thought to be dead. But after a two year sabbatical, he pops back up like he had never left.

Captured lots of video of him Saturday morning then backed out, headed home and waited on Breck. Breck and I were back at it by 4:45 p.m. with very high expectations. But as the hunting Gods will do sometimes, patients……. Breck got to glass the big 8 but he was much more interested in scent checking does than eating.

Sunday morning rolls around and we are back at it. As I am glassing a few hogs rooting along the river to my north, I get a text that reads “He’s Dead!!!” I reply back, “the big 8??”………….A few minutes pass and the reply goes something like, “ Yes sir, piled up about 50 yards towards the tracks, ran one through him as he was trying to leave………..it was so cool…”

Love it when a plan comes together…………

Hope all enjoy and God Bless.

Rwc
    Attached Files

Nice buck. Congrats to that man.

Comment

Heck yeah, great buck, Waydago!

Comment

Solid deer congratulations! Looks like he killed it with a chainsaw. Lol

Comment

Love it! Congrats!!!

Comment

Man y'all are some killing machines...love it. Congrats to Breck on one heck of a buck!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent! Congrats to him.

Comment

Congratulations to the young man! Nice, solid eight point.

Comment

Congrats. Great Buck

Comment

Congrats to Breck on the bowkill buck.

Comment

Congrats! Beautiful buck.

Comment

That a kid!

Comment

Heck of a deer, congrats to both of yall !!!!!

Comment

Congrats to him!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X